Nine Things College Students Hate The Most

Here are a few things all college students can agree on.

1502
Make It Count Marketing

Everyone likes to complain and college students are no exception. Every year we pay ridiculous amounts of money to get an education and hold expectations toward a lot of things. These expectations aren't met and some situations surprise us. Some things may be obvious, but what might college students hate the most?

1. Finals week

Known as the most stressful week of a college students life, finals week has to be the one single thing that college students can agree that they hate the most. Hour upon hour is spent in the library trying to study for the upcoming final exam. Often for multiple exams leading to nights being spent in the library as late as six in the morning.

2. My seat is taken!

We all know this issue; that moment when you walk into class and your seat is taken! Seats aren't assigned in college, but there is always a seat you prefer over the others. Personally, whenever this happens to me it throws my focus off being in a different seat than normal, which is why I get there early to get the seat I want.

3. Campus food

The food I eat has got to be one of the most important parts of my day. Most colleges pick a cheap service that can provide food. These companies seem to be more focused on keeping the cost of food higher than it should be and the margin of profit high for themselves while college students are served cheap food with little effort put into the food we eat everyday. Don't you think we should be served quality food based on the amount of money we spend to go to these schools?

4. General education courses.

This is something I hear complained about almost everyday. Before I took my first classes in college I was told I would be able to finally take classes that mattered, but as usual that was not the case. We take two years of classes that in most cases won't be needed in the field we want to invest our time into. So the question that's been asked a thousand times: Why do we need to take these classes? I honestly don't know. Schools push something about being "well-rounded," but it's probably so they can make a couple more years worth of money off you.

5. Financial aid

Oddly this is something that college students hate, even though it is sometimes the reason that they are allowed to attend college to begin with. We go through this long process of questions and information just to be able to afford an education. Often the information that needs to be filled out isn't common knowledge such as your parents tax information or their salary. Its not exactly easy to fill this out when half the information isn't even about the student. So even though it does help us in the end it is something we absolutely hate, because its near impossible without calling a parent or filling it out next to them.

6. "Required" textbooks

Most colleges require professors to pick at least one book for their class, but it is up to that professor whether they use it or not. I can't tell you how many times a teacher has said, "You will not be able to pass my class without the book," and then they never use it. I've wasted so much money on books I could have never bought and passed the class all the same. Why do professors bother to say that we need the book and then never use it? It's something that bothers me and other college students every semester.

7. Tuition increases

Every year colleges increase tuition by a small amount, but that small amount makes a difference in pay. What is small to them is huge to me. It could range anywhere from $200-$800 in difference from last year. Where do these colleges think heir students are getting money? We're certainly not made of it. Most of us take out loans, because we struggle to pay for our education as it is.

8. Unreliable campus WiFi

How many times have you actually been doing school work and you can't research for your essay? Most schools have a WiFi connect through out the school, the issue is that they didn't set the WiFi up for thousands of students to be using it all at once. Who would've thought that a large amount of students would be using the WiFi? Its so surprising.

9. Not getting your classes

All college students can relate to this. Not getting the classes you want can be the most frustrating thing in the world. Most of the time juniors and seniors get priority leaving the freshman and sophomores with a bunch of classes they wanted to take, but didn't get. Even more frustrating is when you go to sign up and someone in your year gets the class, but you don't. They clicked register just a millisecond before you and that's what determined whether you go the class or not.