Report this Content
Being an only child has its ups and downs. Sometime you enjoy the independence and sometimes it's really lonely. Some people think nothing of it and some people think it's completely weird. People will make assumptions some good, some bad. At times they will be true but a lot of the times they won't be. You learn how to make friends faster and rely on other family members to get you through the worst and best times. These are things that only "only children" have to deal with!
1. The awkward moment when someone asks how many siblings you have
2. You had a lot of imaginary friends
3. Family or friends were always over so you weren't alone
4. You figure out ways to entertain yourself
5. Dealing with people assuming you're a spoiled brat
6. Always hearing "I wish I was an only child"
7. Asking your parents for siblings
8. Having the pressure that you are the only kid your parents have and you don't want to disappoint
9. When people assume you are socially awkward or can't share because you're an only child
10. Sitting around by yourself on national siblings day
11. Being close with your parents because you're the one and only
This article has not been reviewed by Odyssey HQ and solely reflects the ideas and opinions of the creator.