18 Necessities For Every Camp Counselor Or Summer Missionary

18 Necessary Items For Everyone Who Works With Kids In The Summer

Having these 18 items in your backpack will make you the best summer caretaker on the block.

153
Brianna Elizabeth

After working in summer ministry for the past few years, I've learned a thing or two about caring for kiddos in the summertime. Whether you're going to be a summer missionary, camp counselor, or summertime nanny, these 18 items are essential supplies for a safe and fun summer!

1. A backpack 

To carry everything listed below.

2. Bandaids

For every scrape, scratch and bug bite, there's Band-aid.

3. Wet Wipes

Trust me; you'll use every last one.

4. A flashlight

What if the power goes out, or you have to walk somewhere in the dark?

5. Snacks

Even the youngest of kids get hangry.

6. Water

Hydrate or die-drate, my people.

7. A portable speaker

There's nothing like a good impromptu dance party!

8. Sunscreen

Life's no fun after too much sun.

9. Creams

Say hello to your new best friends, Neosporin, Hydrocortizone, and Aloe Vera.

10. Bug spray

Mosquitoes are everywhere, and they have the power to ruin your day if you don't put in the effort to keep them away.

11. A ball

There are so many games you can invent with a ball to pass the time.

12. Tweezers 

Splinters are practically inevitable.

13. Germ-X

Germ-X will fix anything. Dirty hands? Germ-X. Bug bite? Germ-X. Hurt feelings? Yep, Germ-X.

14. A portable charger

You'll need to keep your phone charged in case of emergency situations.

15. Spare flip-flops 

You seriously never know when a kid's shoes are going to blow out.

16. A storybook

Sometimes you just need to sit under a tree and relax.

17. Pen and paper

For drawing, journaling, and taking notes on that one kid who has a million allergies.

18. A camera 

Capture every moment you can. You won't believe how quickly the time will pass!