Things Boys Don't Understand

Things Boys Don't Understand

Listen up, gentlemen, I have a lesson for you.

1003
Things Boys Don't Understand

Girls are complicated--I get it. I am one, so I think I understand at least a little bit how girls work. I have a younger brother, and he often asks me questions about girls. The following are some things that I have noticed that boys just don't seem to understand. I am writing this to hopefully help people understand girls better.

At the same time, not all girls wear makeup, dress girly, take a long time to get ready. etc. I am just saying, generally speaking, these things are true of girls. I am also not saying that ALL boys don't understand these things, I'm just generalizing.

So without further ado, here are 10 things that boys (generally) don't understand about girls!

1. Bras hurt.

They're tight, constricting, and very uncomfortable when it's hot out. I know they help enhance a woman's features, but boy, does it feel good to take them off at the end of the day. Also, they're really expensive. We buy one and can't eat for the next few days. It sucks.

2. Periods hurt too.

We get cramps, our backs hurt, and feminine hygiene products are uncomfortable. And, if you're like me, you get migraines too. Sometimes girls are in so much pain, they throw up. It's not fun, and it happens every month. And we're expected to go about our days normally as if we're in no pain whatsoever. Please just understand the amount of pain we're in. And bring chocolate.

3. Going off of #2...

... it's not cool to ask a girl "is it that time of month?" any time she might be a little moody. I've been asked that before, and it kind of sucks.

4. We wear makeup because WE want to.

Not because we're trying to impress anyone.

5. Same goes for clothing.

Girls tend to dress more for other girls. We like to be told our outfits look good and talk about where we got our shoes.

6. Catcalling is not flattering.

Just don't do it, okay? Many consider it a form of sexual harassment. It makes us very uncomfortable.

7. Offer to walk girls home at night.

If we're going out, we often don't want to carry around pepper spray, and so if we're alone, we're nervous. It's not safe for anyone to walk around alone at night, but girls are the primary targets. At the same time, just because you walked a girl home, don't expect that you're going to get any favors out of it, if you know what I mean.

8. We go to the bathroom as a group.

... not only for safety reasons, but because we need to talk about something (or someone).

9. If we don't get a text back, we overthink it.

Now, I'm not saying every girl does this, but many do (myself included... I'll admit it).

10. We take a long time to get ready because we enjoy it.

It's fun to do your hair, your makeup, your nails... If you know you look good, the more confident you'll be. The more confident you are, the better your night (or day) will be.

I hope this has been educational. I will also be the first to admit that there are MANY things that I don't understand about boys. If there are things you think that I should understand better about boys, please let me know.

For more information on things that boys may not understand about girls (and the inspiration for this article), here are some videos by Jenna Marbles.

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3