10 Struggles Girls With Thick Thighs Will Understand
popular

The chafing can be just too real at times.

12928

Ever since about the beginning of middle school, I have always had larger thighs. My thicker thighs have become both a blessing and a curse over the past years, especially growing more into my body and body shape. And while having these thick thighs, in my opinion, is pretty nice given my overall body shape, there are still some struggles or things that are just a pain to deal with.

Whether it is ranging from the ridiculous amount of holes that I form in my jeans from chafing to the actual chafing of my thighs during summer. It seems like there is no winning this thick thighed battle. These struggles are something that any girl or woman with thicker legs can understand, and even some girls who are not as thick in that department will understand too! But no matter how many struggles there are, you know you'd never change your legs for anything or anybody.

1. The stretch marks

I have definitely grown to love my stretch marks, mainly the ones along my hips and top of my thighs, a lot more over the past couple of years for a multitude of reasons. But as much I have also grown to love them a lot more there are still some things I just can't help but get annoyed with. Maybe it's the fact that it seems like every girl, even those with more voluptuous bodies, don't ever seem to have them. But maybe it's just me?

2. The thigh chafe aka "chub rub"

This is ESPECIALLY true during the summer! Nothing is worse than wearing a cute dress, romper, shorts, or whatever and having your legs ride against each other and causing endless amounts of annoyance, friction, and slightly painful "sliding" of my legs.

3. The weird bumps and darker toned spots

At first, I thought I was alone in this weirdness that came with the chafing and extra intense sweating of my thighs. Since that area never sees real sunlight like ever and the non-stop chafing of my thighs leads to my skin there appearing darker than the rest of my leg and these small bumps that just love to appear anytime I sweat. It's usually gone the next day but it's still annoying to have to look at. Shout out to that constant discoloration!

4. All of your jeans wear away between your thighs

This happens ALL THE TIME. Ugh.

5. Even a normal pair of shorts are now short shorts

And of course, people tell you that you need to wear longer or larger shorts but what they don't understand is that even a normal pair of shorts turns into short shorts. My thighs just love to ride them up higher than the shorts actual length.

6. ALL OF THAT INNER THIGH SWEAT

Enough said. But here is fun fact try using deodrant between your legs to help with the sweat and the chafing!

7. "The pants dance"

The little dance you have to do to get into every single pair of pants or jeans to ensure you get them around your thighs and butt. It's such a struggle but you can't get rid of them because they make your legs look so dang good!

8. LOL... what's a body size?

Nothing makes me more frustrated than finding a cute dress, romper, skirt, bikini bottoms, pants, etc. that work well with your waist line but refuses to make your thighs or butt look good? Or it's the other way around when it looks great on your thighs and butt but the outfit isn't settling weird or not even at all along your waist. There is NO winning here... ugh! But seriously shout out to leggings for keeping me sane when shopping for pants.

9. The judgment that comes with having bigger thighs

I don't know about you but having bigger thighs and a bigger butt to go with them has lead to serious judgments. People are quick to call me unhealthy and unfit, despite the fact that I work out more than the average person and dance three to five times a week. And another thing, the over-sexualization that comes with having a curvier body is SO annoying and weird. I'm not some trophy to put on a display case for your buddies because I have a curvier body than your last girlfriend. Also, stop commenting on it, trust me I know they're large, but that doesn't need to be my identifier thanks!

10. Exercising, nicknames, and more...

The nicknames suck, especially being called "thunder thighs" or anything else people who have nothing better to do with their lives can come up with, and make me feel bad about a part of my body I'm already not the most confident in. But exercising especially sucks, because not only is the chub rub pain at like 10,000 but you're sweating more than normal and your legs are slapping each other and jiggling so much. It's even worse when you jog.

But even with all of these struggles up above, you know you would never actually want to get rid of your thighs, butt, or anything else that comes with having a curvier body because it makes you who you are. And you are pretty damn awesome!