These Boys Ain't Sh*t, I'm Not Here For It

Inspired by SAYGRACE's "Boys Ain't Shit"

106

Because these boys really "ain't shit" and I am definitely NOT here for it!

1. To start, here's the inspiration this article

Over the past month of college, this song has been running through my head every time a guy does something ridiculous.

2. Why Tinder?

person holding black samsung android smartphone Photo by Mika Baumeister on Unsplash

I'm in a suite-style building and my suitemates wanted to download Tinder for fun, so I did it! Keep reading for some of the most interesting developments from my personal account.

P.S. Only two of the guys are from Tinder, I just thought I would explain.

3. The first conversation

Dots Hello GIF by Equal Parts Studio Giphy

Story: The first match that I hit it off with was named Nick. Nick seemed pretty cool and genuinely interested in getting to know me. After about 20 messages back and forth, we added each other on Snapchat. The conversation was going great until...

THESE BOYS AIN'T SH*T: Summary of the story, he just wanted me to go to his apartment to have sex.

4. Frat boy #1

Story: His name is Clayton. We had a nice Tinder conversation over the course of several days (including good morning texts). We eventually added each other on Snapchat and kept having meaningful conversations. He is in a fraternity on campus and has offered to invite me to parties.

THESE BOYS AIN'T SH*T: He started distancing himself. We hardly talk anymore and he has yet to invite me to a party. By comparison, Clayton isn't bad, but I'm still not happy with the situation.

5. Toxic T

Story: He lives across the hall from me. My suitemates and I wrote our snapchats on the whiteboard in the hallway. He ended up adding us all and made a few inappropriate jokes. I, however, chose to look past the jokes and befriend him. I got put into COVID-19 isolation, so he kept me company over Snapchat. We had some deep conversations and really got to know each other. We planned to hangout sometime after I was freed from isolation.

THESE BOYS AIN'T SH*T: I had gone to a party. I didn't want to walk back alone, but my friends weren't ready to leave. I messaged Toxic T to ask if he could come walk me back to the dorm. He said he would, but he was going to bed. I understood so I just waited until my friends were ready to leave. On the way back to the dorm, we see Toxic T walking around with some girls and a guy. Now, unless he suddenly learned how to sleepwalk, I believe he was lying to me. I talked to him the next day, so he apologized and explained the situation. Then, that boy decided to quit talking to me, so I just unadded him and got over it.

6. The Entitled Ones

This includes multiple guys, but they don't deserve their own sections.

Story: Casual small talk on Snapchat...

THESE BOYS AIN'T SH*T: Spoiler... they thought they were entitled to sex because they called me pretty.