Their Last Trump Card

Their Last Trump Card

The death of the Republican Party.

12
Their Last Trump Card
Twitter

Donald Trump, the now-guaranteed nomination for the Republican party will possibly be the next president of the United States of America. “Make America great again” is the platform half of the Republican Party has plastered signs on their cars and posted proudly on their lawns. This Golden Age rhetoric brings many older Americans nostalgia, reminiscing a time that they believed much better than now. A time that the “always offended” millennials are bringing to ruin. Based on the demographics, about half of your Trump supporters are between 45 and 64 and most are without a college education. Another 34 percent are over 65 years old, and only two percent are younger than 30. Also, keep in mind Trump has only about 49 percent of the entire republican party’s support. Many of us have seen the videos of Republicans burning their voter’s registration cards after Cruz’s drop out. So here we have a republican party with views split in half, and dominantly only supported by the older generation.

Meanwhile, over on the left, we have Hilary Clinton and Bernie Sanders, with the opinion that America is already great, in fact it’s much greater than it was, and it will only continue getting greater. Opinions on what “greatness” is and how to obtain that greatness is a little different. Clinton is apparently a liar and a killer to both Bernie supporters and Republicans, and Bernie is a daydreamer giving out free ponies in the opinion of his challengers. In the eyes of his supporters he is a revolutionist, well, actually he is the revolution. So let’s look at the demographics of these two Left- winger's supporters. Ages 18- 44 dominantly support Bernie, especially ages 17-29. People ages 45 and older dominantly support Hilary Clinton, and Hilary Clinton is most likely going to be the Democratic nominee to stand up against Trump after July’s convention.

So, what does this mean? The votes of those who are 45 and older are pushing the results of this election, but they’re also 45 and older. Meanwhile, our youth is feeling the Bern, and our youth is our future. The Republican party is now basically split in this election, their views are torn, this party has very minimal support from the youth, and the world keeps moving toward a more liberal view. Looking at these numbers tells you exactly where the U.S. is heading, and it’s far from the right. We may not have a Bernie Sanders president as the result of this coming election, but having a Bernie Sanders run in this election tells us where our youth, the future of this country stands politically. My generation is taking a sharp left, and we are the future. Those to the right are going to continue getting older, and eventually, die. That is the harsh truth.

The Republican party is dying and playing their last Trump card. Half of the Republican party didn’t want Trump and they didn’t really want the other options either. “Anyone but Trump 2016," is now Trump, and now the Republican party has now idea how to represent itself. If Hillary wins, which she most likely will, and we have another democrat for the next eight years-- with a world moving more and more to the left, where is the republican party going to be after those eight years? Especially with a generation coming up that dominantly praises democratic-socialism? Losing this next election is going to hit the Republican party, and it might just shatter. What we are currently witnessing right now is a people who are lost, they no longer nowhere they fit, but they know it’s not as black and white as Democrat and Republican. Therefore, the Republican Party we know now is going to die. It will shift its values, just as it’s done in the past and just as every party has done in the past. Maybe the Libertarians will finally get their day in a few decades, and maybe the Democrats will begin to shift even more to the left and split on those ideals, but what is happening right now is history in the making.

Sit back, relax, and enjoy the show.