The Glory Is In You

The Glory Is In You

In Memory of Roderick "Roddy Rod" Bartlett II

56
The Glory Is In You
www.youtube.com

"You know, but... sometimes you ask yourself 'Where's the peace?' Everybody is always talking about peace, but, as long you find peace in what you doing then you successful, and that's what people don't realize. See, you got do stuff to where you can go sleep at night. Cause the glory is, is in you." - Master P, A Seat At The Table

October 15, 2012 was one of, if not the, saddest day of my life. My first best friend, favorite cousin Roderick passed away on his 21st birthday. I literally thought that my world had come to an end that day. Rod and I were brothers. There was not a thing that we did not know about each other; we were best friends.

This past week four students from Claflin University passed away in an unexpected car accident.

"What exactly is the point of this all?", is the question I'm sure you are wondering to yourself right now, I know. But there is no current time like the present to live the life you pray for. Life is too short to just sit there and let life pass you by. You never know when God may call you home. If it is one thing that changed in me after losing my cousin Rod, it was my drive in life. I suddenly had a new hunger for more, I had to experience more, live a little more, and love a little harder. The reason is you will never know when your life will end. I had to live more for Rod and do the things I knew he aspired to do in life. I had to live more for our family, for our siblings, for our mothers, for our fathers, and for our grandmothers.

Life... life is too short to sit there and dwell on things of the past. That inner voice you constantly hear on the inside of you follow it, trust it. That first thought you always seem to have but then you choose to ignore, just go ahead and trust it! Listen to it and watch will happen for you. You have a gift that no one else has, share that gift with the world! You have a fire burning in you to do something, so why not start doing that something now? What's really standing in the way of what your heart desires? Nine times out of ten you are only stopping yourself, and honestly what good is that?

Enough is enough with the "maybe later" and the "Oh no I can't do that because of this". Be the you that YOU desire, "'cause the glory is in you to be just that and even more!"

Things that you want for yourself will not come easy, nor will it come overnight. So you must work for it, and the work has to start now! Life is like planting a flower. You can't just plant a seed and expect for it to grow instantly. You have to tend to it, water it, and give it the proper amounts of sunlight. But know that once it does grow there is no limit you can put on what you have planted.

"People wanna know what "No Limit" comes from. My grandfather, Big Daddy, was in the military. And, uh, you know, he always said, "Man, them people ain't gon' do nothing for us." So he was like,"Grandson, you need to start your own army." And that's where the tanks and the military thing come from
See, I watched the Avon lady in my hood. She popped her trunk and sell her products. So I put all my CDs and cassettes in the back of my trunk and I hit every city, every hood. My grandfather, he said, 'Why you gon' call it "No Limit"?" I said, "Because I don't have no limit to what I could do." - Master P