11 Thoughts You Have From Theatre

11 Thoughts You Have From Theatre

You love it, you hate it, it will always have your heart.

19
11 Thoughts You Have From Theatre

Putting on a show is exciting, stressful, annoying, fun and yet all together amazing. There are mornings you wake up and wonder what made you decide to go through this process again, but the end of the performance makes you realize why it was all worth it. These are the 11 emotions I felt when going through the whole process of making a show, come alive.

1. Auditions, will I get it?

Auditions are the most nerve-wracking part of it all. Having to sit and wait while everyone goes in and comes out with the same "I blew it" look on their face...not always the best feeling in the world.

2. Signing on for the show, signing out of your life.

Although you just made the exciting commitment to be apart of something so big, you also just realized that it may be the end of what you called your social life. You win some, you lose some...right?

3. The fear of running late.

No one wants to be that person that holds up the entire rehearsal, nor do you wanna be known as the diva who believes nothing starts until you're there.

4. The dread of being called out during notes.

"I know I messed up that entire last line...but no one said you had to point it out to everyone else!"

5. FINALLY Nailing that dance you never thought you'd get.

There is no high quite like the one you have on opening night, waiting backstage as you hear the steady buzz of everyone getting settled into their seats. There is nothing quite like it.

8. Praying the Audience will be good.

There is nothing worse than a full house...full of dead individuals. Like seriously? My dog is more interactive!

9. Singing your song for the last time.

Own this, give it all you got.

10. The Final Bow

This is it, the characters you have created, the story you have brought to life? It's officially a part of the past. Forever cherished.