Ways To Help Those Affected By the Wildfires
News

In the last few weeks California, Oregon, and Washington have been dealing with wildfires that have been spreading rapidly, but how can we help?

1

If you are anything like me, it breaks your heart to see the footage of the wildfires that are raging on the West coast. Thousands of people have lost their homes and are living in shelters amid the Corona Virus pandemic still going on, and firefighters are fighting day in and day out to try to fight the fires and stop the spread of them. Here's how you can help.

The American Red Cross

This non-profit organization was created in 1881 with the mission to provide emergency assistance to those affected by disasters such as wildfires, floods, hurricanes, tornados, etc. Ever since 1881, they have been provided assistance and restores hope to millions of people. Right now you can help by donating to the American Red Cross, when you donate you can choose exactly where you want your money to go. You can donate by phone, mail, and through their website. When you donate you help shelter families, serve meals, support emergency responders, provide medical care, along with other needs that these victims need. The American Red Cross is also looking for volunteers at this time, so if it is laid on your heart you can visit their website and apply to be a volunteer!

https://www.redcross.org/donate/donation.html/

California Fire Foundation

This non-profit foundation was created to help victims of wildfires directly, specifically in California. Their SAVE program (Supplying Aid to Victims of Emergency) allows firefighter's and their families as well as victims in their communities to receive a $250 gift card to buy basic human necessities such as food and clothing. You can donate any amount by visiting their website at any time.

https://cpf.salsalabs.org/save-donate/index.html

Direct Relief

This Santa Barbra based charity was rated the number one charity in the world by CNBC. This charity's mission is to provide medical equipment such as respirators to those areas affected by wildfires. Medical equipment in these areas due to smoke inhalation is vital in providing proper medical relief to victims and to those that are fighting the fires. You can give to this amazing charity by visiting their website and by donating ANY amount.

https://secure.directrelief.org/site/Donation2?df_...

Save the Children

This organization has helped more than 1 billion children in 10 different countries with their slogan "Every Child Deserves a Future". However, this organization is providing air quality fans to those still in their homes and masks to victims to help stop the spread of the Corona Virus on the West Coast. You can help support children affected by these fires by donating to their website whether that is a one-time donation or a monthly donation. This organization is also accepting volunteers!

https://support.savethechildren.org/site/Donation2...

A donation of any amount to any charity or organization is helpful at this troubling time! California has had more than 3.4 million acres burn to the ground in this year alone. Although rain in the forecast is making firefighters hopeful that the fires will slow, the impact that these fires have left on victims and firemen will last years. So whether you can donate $10 or $10,000, the people on the West Coast need our help.