The Ultimate Guide To Eating In Telluride, Colorado

Your hunger problems are solved.

1446
Google

When going on a trip, it would be great to know the best places in town to eat, am I right? I mean who doesn't love some good food! I remember the first time I went to Telluride and Mountain Village in Colorado, I had no idea what type of restaurants they had, but thankfully I went with a friend and her family. I tried more new food than I ever have and I'm a picky eater so that's saying a lot for the food in Telluride (if you know where to go).

If you are looking for more bar type places here are some for you:

Tomboy Tavern – located in Mountain Village

This is a little bar that you can walk to right when you get off the mountain after skiing or snowboarding. This bar has the best wings I’ve ever had. I don’t like hot wings at all, so I only eat barbecue usually, but these wings have a kick to them and I still like them. They are better than Buffalo Wild Wings in my opinion. Their tacos are great too! I can’t explain to you though how good their mac and cheese is with a little piece of short rib. The mac and cheese has a crumb topping and you get the flavor of the rib in every bite. It is just delectable and also great with a drink. I’ve only gone to the bar for happy hour (I’m 21, don’t worry), but I can tell you one thing, their food makes you forget about worrying about your figure.

Cornerhouse – located in Telluride

This is a small bar/restaurant like place. It’s on a street corner and it’s in a cute little blue house. This place has the best grilled cheese sandwiches! You can enjoy a beer while eating your grilled cheese sandwich and either sit outside or sit inside.

Poacher's - located in Mountain Village

This bar is a great place that a lot more locals go to than anything else. If the locals go there you know it must be a pretty fun place. The San Juan Roast Beef sandwich is probably one of my favorite things to eat at the bar! They have chicken strips, wraps, salads and some great sandwiches also. I'm going to be honest, this bar isn't like a high class bar, it's a normal sports bar that has a pool table and some other games. It really is a great low-key place and in my opinion their food is great!

Restaurant options:

Brown Dog – located in Telluride

This is a little pizza place in town with one of the best deep dish pizzas. Their pizza is out of this world. My favorite kind is probably the Brooklyn Bridge. It has pepperoni, sausage and then dollops of melted mozzarella. I love cheese so the more the merrier in my opinion! My friend’s dad usually starves himself all day just so he can eat a lot of this pizza. He probably could eat an entire pizza to himself because it is so good. So go there, it won’t disappoint!

La Pizzeria – located in Mountain Village

You might think this is just another pizza place but you are completely wrong. The pizza at La Pizzeria is the best thin pizza I’ve had and it’s authentic Italian pizza. The pizza here is light and fluffy. You can’t go wrong with any type of pizza you choose. My personal favorite is the Diavola (which also means pepperoni) but their Margherita and Prosciutto pizzas are just as scrumptious. They also sell gelato that is just wonderful! It’s so light and yummy. They have flavors like raspberry, chocolate, vanilla and pistachio. Overall this is probably my favorite pizza place. I crave this pizza all the time and it never disappoints.

The Sheridan Hotel – located in Telluride

This restaurant is in a hotel and it is on the pricier side, but let me tell you, their steak is absolutely wonderful. When I went there I had the rib eye with a side salad and everything about my meal was just wonderful. I was with a friend and her family and my friend ordered the French Onion soup and I had a few bites of that, well okay, maybe more than a few. I also had a bite of their filet mignon and their Elk, which were both melt-in-your-mouth amazing. One of my favorite things about The Sheridan is their rooftop bar. Their oysters are amazing (another first for me since I’ve never had oysters) and their parmesan fries are also great! The best part about the rooftop bar is that in summer you get the views of the mountain while sitting and having a drink with some friends. It is a view I can’t even explain, you need to see it for yourself.

Esperanza’s – located in Telluride

When going to Esperanza’s you have to walk downstairs. It’s a little dark down there but it’s not a bad thing at all. The margaritas at this place are amazing! All their food in very authentic Mexican food and it all tastes so good. I love their quesadillas! It’s probably one of my favorites. To go somewhere for good Mexican food in Telluride I would absolutely recommend Esperanza’s.

Great places where you don't have to sit down and eat if you don't want to:

Baked In Telluride – located in Telluride

This place serves all different stuff. You don’t have to sit down if you don’t want to. They have bagels, pizza, Mexican food, sandwiches, salads and my personal favorite, dessert! You can grab a bagel or a sandwich and walk out the door and eat your sandwich or you can sit down and enjoy a meal. I love their grilled cheese. They are so good! Their sandwiches are great and I LOVE their peanut butter and chocolate chip cookies. You really can’t go wrong when eating at Baked In Telluride because they have everything to choose from!

Brown Bag – located in Telluride

I know, you’re thinking, “Brown Bag? There’s a Brown Bag and a Brown Dog in the same place?” Yes there is and they are actually on the same side of the street and not that far away from each other. This is also a little place, but instead of pizza they serve sandwiches (that’s why it’s called Brown BAG). There are different sandwiches here, salads and wraps! It’s a cute place where you can grab a sandwich and walk out the door and go explore the town while eating a great sandwich.

Food Carts – located in Telluride & Mountain Village

Depending on the season, food carts are set up around these two towns. The food carts sell grilled cheese, hot dogs, ice cream, gyros and even burritos. They have great food that is perfect for when you don’t want to sit down and eat somewhere and you want to get back on the mountain to ski in Mountain Village or if you just want to keep exploring the amazing town of Telluride.

I can say that I am blessed to get to travel to Telluride with my friend and her family. I wouldn’t want to visit and travel there with anybody else. I am thankful that I get to see amazing views and do exciting things all while eating amazing food in the process. If I had to recommend one place to see beautiful views, get to do amazing outdoor activities and especially eat great food, it would be Telluride. One thing though, when on vacation here don’t worry about what you eat, because you know you are going to eat everything I told you about anyway.