The Ultimate Girl Power Playlist For All Moods

Never underestimate the power of a woman.

63
Kerry Fiero

Girls, we all have those nights when we are hanging out with friends, getting ready to go out, or just hanging around for a night in. Regardless, every girl has those days when she either needs something to pick her up or is feeling really freaking good about herself. Mind you, every girl should feel like a bad b@*^! - all day every day. For me, music has always been something that can really affect my mood, inspire me, and bring me joy. Sometimes, when life gets hectic, it's hard to set time aside to think about all of the things you've accomplished, and just enjoy life. Below is a compilation of the best "girl power" jams to rock out to!

1. Keri Hilson - Pretty Girl Rock

This is hands-down one of my favorite "girl power" songs. Singing along to this entire song never fails to bring a smile to my face, and I can guarantee that any girl feeling down will feel better after listening to this song.

2. The Pussycat Dolls - I Don't Need A Man

This song is self-explanatory, and all about being a "strong, independent woman who don't need no man" (throwback to that meme from 2012). Listening to this song makes me feel like I can conquer the world.

3. Fergie - Fergalicious

Fergie never fails to show her audience that she is completely and utterly confident in her own skin, and that is such an admirable quality. From the past 10 years of having every word of this song memorized (especially after will.i.am goes "hit it Fergie!"), turning this song on full blast with all of your friends, windows down, and bass bumping, is such a great feeling.

4. Spice Girls - Wannabe

Another great jam to sing with your friends, this song always reminds me of the first time I heard it - watching "Sleepover" in 2004 at age 6, and loving it ever since.

5. Christina Aguilera - Beautiful

This song is great for two moods, I either want to sob uncontrollably in my bed after having an awful day, or I want to sing this song at the top of my lungs with all my friends, probably using our hairbrushes as microphones and having our makeup half done.

6. Jessie J - Do It Like A Dude

This song tears down all of the stereotypical lines male artists use in their songs, and it's amazing. It's fabulous to work out to, and Jessie J never fails to heighten my confidence.

7. Aretha Franklin - Respect

Who doesn't know this song? Back in the 1960's women were demanding respect publicly, and as well they should. Making sure you put yourself first and not let anyone disrespect you is key in gaining confidence.

8. Beyonce - Run the World (Girls)

Of course, you have to end this playlist with Beyonce. She is the queen of confidence, sass, and girl power, and she won't let you forget it.