11 Types Of People You See In Margate During Memorial Day Weekend

72

Memorial Day Weekend is a very exciting holiday. It is the unofficial start of summer and you can officially wear white jeans without being shamed by the fashion police. Memorial Day Weekend also calls for seeing most outrageous people doing the most outrageous things at the beach. There are tons of different types of people you see and I figured the best way to sum up Memorial Day Weekend is to make a list of all those different types of people.

1. The middle schoolers who hang by Wawa.

These kids don't have anything better to do than hang by Wawa. They hope that their night will get more eventful but it never does. By the time curfew hits, the middle school students know better than to hang by Wawa, because the Margate cops are ready to yell.

2. The high schoolers who hang by Lucy Beach.

If you are in high school and you don't hang by Lucy when you are down the shore, it is basically like you didn't go to the shore. Lucy is the place to be when you are in high school. You can always find your entire high school there taking pictures and talking like they've never seen each other before...but really they see them every day. Don't expect to get lay down when you go to Lucy because you will be up talking to people the entire day.

3. The parents who are forced to go into the water because their kids want to.

All kids need when they go to the shore is a bucket, a shovel, the sand, and the ocean and they are set. With a bucket, a shovel and sand, the activities are endless for kids. Whether they just dig a giant hole or build a town of sand castles, they are set for the day...well until they get bored and want to go into the ocean. Then the parents are forced to go into the freezing cold ocean with the kids even though they don't want to.

4. The drunk high school students.

These kids think that they can handle their alcohol when they really can't. They end up getting drunk and making a fool of themselves. True story: I was taking a walk on the beach this weekend and saw multiple people making out on the beach.

5. The one kid from high school you hoped you would never see again but do.

No, I do not want to hug you. No, I do not want to take a picture with you. Please, leave me alone.

6. The too tan old man.

These people honestly just confuse me. I have nothing to say, but put on sunscreen and I really hope you don't get skin cancer.

7. The grandma who is wearing an inappropriate bathing suit for her age.

Once you hit a certain age it is just unacceptable to wear a skimpy bikini. So please do us all a favor and wear a one piece. You had your glory days -- now let us have ours.

8. The college students who hang by Lucy.

I don't get it. You had your four years of hanging by Lucy. Now move on. You are not in high school anymore. You are more mature than all of those high school students and you have your college friends.

9. The mob of Penn State students.

Somehow all of Penn State shows up to the beach Memorial Day Weekend. You can always spot them by their Penn State gear because we all know they love their school. If you go to Penn State, I envy you and the fact that all of your friends are at the shore Memorial Day Weekend.

10. The hungover college students.

Once you turn 21, or if you have a really really really good fake ID, Atlantic City is always the move at night. You end up not getting home until 3am, and then wake up the next morning to go to the beach. The hungover college students can be found napping on the beach or drinking more, because we all know the best way to cure a hangover is to drink more.

11. The lobster.

This one is self-explanatory. You forgot to put on sunscreen and you forget how strong the sun is at the shore. We have all been there, don't even deny it.