The Two Greatest Gifts of The Holy Spirit

The gifts that the Holy Spirit gives us guide us throughout the days of our lives to walk in a more Holy path.

1319
Flickr

When we hear the words wisdom and knowledge we begin to think of these words on a human level. We relate these two words to people whom we encounter in our lives who are highly educated and knowledgeable about this world. We take the meaning of wisdom and knowledge too far and we even misunderstand their true meaning. Yes! It’s great to be educated and full of human knowledge, but you don’t have to be educated to be wise and knowledgeable.

Spiritually, to be wise and knowledgeable means to know the word of God and live according to it. By knowing the word of God, we can make wiser decisions which lead to a holy life united with the Lord. Spiritual wisdom is reached by the fear of God. Let’s not misinterpret the phrase “fear of God” as a weakness because fear of God is a sign of strength. Fear of God is wisdom. It means that you have a spirit in your soul that wants you to do what is considered good, which is what God commands from all of us. Knowing how God wants us to live is a glorious gift.

The gifts of wisdom and knowledge are grace from God. Therefore, we are not to bribe about them. We must understand that we don’t become wise on our own. We become wise through God only. He is the one who showers his blessings upon us and makes us who we are. Knowing the word of God does not give me the right to see myself inferior to others. After all, one is never fully wise and knowledgeable of the word of God because it is beyond perfect for us.

The wisdom which comes from God is amazing, it reveals the truth to those who believe. James 3:17 says “but the wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure, then peace-loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere.” Being wise in the word of God and knowing the truth through Him means that peace, love, forgiveness, care, gentleness, goodness, honesty, and mercy are within us every day. Wisdom is necessary to live so pray every day and ask from God to give you the wisdom and the knowledge to be the best person you can be on earth.

In my opinion, it is better to be wise and knowledgeable in the word of God than to be super smart and skillful without having the word of God living in me. What good is it if I don’t use the talents and the skills which God gave me to glorify Him? What good is it if I live with the confrontation that I have accomplished everything on my own only? I would much rather stay humble and know that everything I am and everything I ever will be is God’s gift and mercy to me. The Holy Spirit gives us the gift to know God and to be wise in ways where we are happier, simpler, and more humble.