The Honest Truth: About Domestic Violence
Dating

The Truth: About Domestic Violence

You can survive this.

407
https://unsplash.com/photos/3zgllN5P7Mc

Let me tell you a story about a girl who has a history with domestic violence, not only as a victim but as the perpetrator. Now, this girl is not proud of what she's done but the stories a little more complicated than she would like to admit. When the girl was fifteen she was with someone she loved more than anything in the world there was a dark side to this love, secrecy not only from each partner but from the world and this angered her so one day to be particular the first day of junior year in front an auditorium full of her peers slapped her beloved, whether this was from pain or anger it was wrong from start to finish.

Eventually, they broke up she found a man who lives close to her and seemed to be just as submissive as she had dreamed he would be. It seems like a perfect match, the type of personality with the relaxed go with the flow type of man but soon the love turned sour. She became controlling out of fear of abandonment, this relationship was her world and everybody knew it and most of the relationship was allegedly smooth sailing with the slight undertone of emotional abuse coming from her of course because she didn't know anything better. Then the day came where things ended, where things took a violent turn in front of witnesses like never before.

Grabbed by the throat, to shut her up was his goal but all it did this make her scream louder and then he pushed, pushed her right down the stairs, kicked her out and slam the door in her face. She loved him how could he do this to her? She asked herself what she had done wrong, was she not pretty enough, not kind enough and just plain not enough for the love of her life. Things don't stop here after the relationship ended, she went on a wild spree trying to find solace in the arms of another, with men who manhandled her who saw her as no more than an object.

But how could she blame them when that's all she saw herself as, she had been told over and over that should only be wanted for her body and she thought that they were right for years and it tore her apart and honestly a lot of things were sour from the start but she didn't care, she deserved this she thought. By age 18 she entered the relationship that set her off, things would never be the same, he belittled her every day for a year and a half after she had devoted herself to him almost immediately but she did not see his faults but her family sure did. This thankfully ended but the story doesn't end here. She was later sexually assaulted while unconscious on two separate occasions and she felt this would never end but here she stands strong as ever with all of it behind her and a story to tell.