PETA's cause may be darker than expected
News

The Truth About PETA

After hearing many stories of PETA's cruelty towards animals, it's hard to believe their cause is pure.

2219
The Truth About PETA
https://pixabay.com/photos/lion-wild-africa-african-felines-1118467/

A couple of years ago, my family visited an exotic zoo sanctuary that helped save breeds of tigers and took care of injured animals. On the entrance door we noticed a sticker that was dissing PETA. My sister and I were somewhat confused as we thought that PETA was an organization to save animals. Before we entered the zoo, there was a video that we had to watch about the history and purpose of the zoo. In the video, there was a contribution segment for their chimpanzees who were poisoned in their habitat. My family later talked to the owner of the zoo and he started telling us stories about people who have gotten into the zoo and poisoned the animals. Some people had thrown poisoned food over the fences and even bombed the alligator habitat- almost all of which had been members of PETA. There were also banners hanging up promoting a website called PETA kills animals, so I had to check it out.

On this website you can find many statistics and proof of the percentages of animals PETA has killed, PETA's claims, animal treatment, and the groups that they fund. While talking to the zoo owner, he had told us a story from when he worked for PETA for a short period of time. "There was a little boy who had brought in his pet bunny who had specifically asked to give it a better home, the associate agreed and then took it to the back where they had put it down." I asked him why they would just kill the pets without giving them a chance and his answer was shocking.

The owner told us that the people who kill pets and captive animals see it as doing the animal a favor. They don't believe in the notion of pets and think that no animal should live in a cage. So they believe that death is better for the animal than living domestically. Although it makes sense to want animals to live in the wild, I don't understand why killing them is necessary if they could just release them.

So why do they still post about animal rights? Just because they think that animals should die rather than being in a cage doesn't mean that they think wild animals should also die. Their goal is to rid the world of pets and grow the wild animal population. Animal cruelty is not okay, and they believe that, too. They may post about adoptions because they need to keep up their image and they can't kill all of the animals they house.

What about Sea World? As far as I know, PETA is for shutting Sea World down. Animals are dying in their habitats at Sea World due to poor conditions and bad health. If Sea World shuts down, then the animals get to be released from their cages and into the wild.

I have never experienced PETA first hand, but I have heard many stories about their killings. I am somewhat skeptical but I know that I don't trust the organization. What do you think? Does PETA kill animals? It's up for you to decide.