Freshmen year is great! You're finally away from home, on your own, and really having the time of your life in college. This is the time to really make some lasting memories. After hearing what upperclassmen said were definitely bucket list goals, I've compiled a checklist with just a few things that you should totally do before the year is over.
1. Hop a fence and break into the pool after hours.
...and run away as quickly as possible before an RA or Campus Security comes.
2. Pee off a balcony.
Ten points if you hit the drunk guy on the top of his head.
3. Hook up with someone in a public space.
And then pretend that they don't exist at brunch the next day.
4. Have a meaningful conversation with a Campus Security Officer.
In turn, finding yourself a new homie.
5. Go to a party and not remember how you got there.
But be thankful that you made it back to your room somehow the next morning.
6. Crash a party and make a new friend.
Then not remember what his or her name is the next day.
7. Steal as many utensils as you can from the dining hall.
Because you're paying a lot to go to school anyway.
8. Take obnoxious, over-filtered pictures of your college to show off to your friends.
Wait to get hate texts because you know that your school trumps all.
9. Order late night food after a late night out.
Calories don't exist after 1 a.m.
10. Pull an all-nighter with friends and stay up to see the sunset.
And then take your much-needed midday nap.
11. Cut class at least once.
Probably to also take that midday nap.
12. Sleep through an 8 a.m. class and not get caught.
Because that professor kept you up at night doing homework anyway.
13. Discover the best bathroom on the entire campus.
Praying that no one ever finds out about your special place.
14. Get the freshman 15.
Since you always deserve those five chocolate bars after that midterm.
15. Get locked out of your room at least once.
Making your roommate come back just to let you back in.
16. Take a spontaneous trip off campus for a day.
Because the college bubble gets overwhelming and you need your fun.
17. Have your first walk of shame.
For me, it's usually going to the road to get my 2 a.m. Dominoes pizza.
18. Go on a road trip with your friends.
And go somewhere that you've all wanted to go before your four years are up.
19. Rent a hotel room for a party with 30 kids.
10 points for each noise complaint. 100 points if you all get kicked out.
20. Find amazing friends to spend your four years with.
Going on spring break trips with each other for breaks, meeting each others' families, and grabbing every possible meal together.