The Top 11 Country Songs To Make Country Haters Into Country Lovers

If you're not a fan of country music but you want to be, this one's for you.

150
@thomasrhettakins

Over the years, there has been a huge debate in many non-southern towns as to whether or not country music is actually good. As someone who used to be so against the folk-type music, I am here to tell you that you are making a mistake if you are not jamming to country songs every once in a while. My Mom wanted to go to a Zac Brown Band concert my sophomore year of high school and me, hating all country music besides Taylor Swift (before she went pop) and some Luke Bryan, she dragged me there and inevitably changed my life against my will in the process by getting me to love country music. The atmosphere of a country concert is infectious and you'll want to go to every one, even if you don't know the artist. For my ladies, these cowboy singers are usually h-o-t cute and hunky. Plus, most country songs do have some infectious melodies, heartfelt lyrics, and real musicality to them, which is a real different vibe than our normal wub wub wub, bubblegum pop, or mumble rap musical selections. So, I challenge you to take the leap, starting with these 11 songs, and start getting yourself into country music. You'll thank me later.

1. "I Want Crazy" by Hunter Hayes

This song has an underlying beat that has a bit of banjo but a bit of recorded pop beat, which is the easiest way to lead into learning how to like country music. Hunter Hayes also has an infectious voice and some really catchy songs other than this, but this one is by far the least country song he has. Hunter Hayes is also a very attractive country star, so what's not to love here?

2. "Need You Now" by Lady Antebellum

This is a great song for when your heart is broken or you just wanna belt your heart out while driving in your car,, like most country songs are. "Need You Now" has very minimal country melody and has a band of people instead of just one artist. This gives you different voices to listen to and try out while basking in some heartfelt lyrics. You can seriously feel the emotion in their voices, so this song can help you ease into country and a break up can be a good time to use this and start.

3. "Cruise" by Florida Georgia Line

First of all, there's a version of this song that features Nelly. That in itself should draw you to at least attempt that version of the song. Although the background track is a little folky, Florida Georgia Line writes some really relatable lyrics in a very catchy manner that it's almost impossible not to like them. Also, let's not forget to mention this was one of the most popular songs in 2012, so give it a listen.

4. "T-Shirt" by Thomas Rhett

Not to be confused with the Migos version of the song by the same title, Thomas Rhett's version of "T-Shirt" is a song about him and an encounter he had with a girl. Although this song is about a raunchy subject, Rhett has such a way with words that it sounds romantic and not like what it is. This song also has more of a pop vibe, like a lot of his music does, so it's an easy way to ease yourself into country stylings. Also, since its Thomas Rhett, this song gives you a new cute guy to swoon over... even if he is married.

5. "Body Like A Back Road" by Sam Hunt

You know every lyric like the back of your hand... or you probably do at least seeing as "Body Like a Back Road" was one of the biggest, country and general, hits of 2017 and was up for numerous awards. This one is more in the category of country pop so it gives you beginning country listeners a taste of something you're comfortable with, and the good 'ole country stuff.

6. "I Don't Want This Night To End" by Luke Bryan

This was one of the first country songs I ever heard and thereafter made Luke Bryan my first and only favorite country artist, before I was even into country music. Even though this song starts with a guitar strum, you can hear your average everyday pop beat right behind it and the song almost turns more pop than country as it progresses. This is a really good song to give a listen if you want to start listening to country music. Plus, Luke is totally cute.

7. "Jolene" by Dolly Parton

Quite honestly, I'm unsure what's not to love with this absolute classic. Respect your elders, like Aunt Dolly from Hannah Montana, and give one of her biggest hits a listen. This song has been around for a very long time and it's one of those bops everyone just seems to know. It is a very typical sounding country song, but this song is one you should know already, so don't forget its a classic country hit and let it help you ease into the genre.

8. "Before He Cheats" by Carrie Underwood

Ladies, and gentleman... I don't judge, we have all screamed this song at the top of our lungs at one point or another when we were mad about our love lives or at a man. We all know the song, we all love the song, and we love to karaoke to the song, but a lot of people forget it's country! Since you've already probably heard it or you already like it, throw "Before He Cheats" on your soon to be lengthy playlist of country songs you like.

9. "It's 5 O'Clock Somewhere" by Alan Jackson and Jimmy Buffett

I've never met a human that doesn't love Margaritaville or day drinking on the beach, so therefore I don't think I've met anyone that dislikes this song. We've all uttered the phrase "It's 5 O'Clock Somewhere" while cheersing drinks, so why not listen to Alan Jackson and the one and only Jimmy Buffet himself sing about something we all do... drinking at five, even when it's not five. I mean, "It's 5 O'Clock Somewhere" right???

10. "When It Rains It Pours" by Luke Combs

This song is about an all too relatable feeling of everything bad or good happening all at once. This track has some folk-like guitar, but has some pop sounds and beats on it as well. Luke Combs is an incredible vocalist and his lyrics are always all too relatable and he's an extremely popular, well liked, and current country artist. Luke Combs is a great way to start you on your country music endeavors, so get listening. Let's also add a quick shoutout here to my best friend, Meg, who got me tickets to see Luke Comb for my birthday!! Can you tell I endorse him because I love him so much?

11. "Man! I Feel Like A Woman!" by Shania Twain

One word: Iconic. The very first time I ever walked into Kappa Alpha Order (fraternity) at FSU, the part that goes "Let's go girls!" played right as me and my girls walked through the door. This was my sign that I was in the right place and I never looked back from there. This song has a lot of country aspects, but there isn't a better girl power anthem out there. For my men on here, nothing drives a girl crazier and makes her dance harder and feel herself than this song right here. Play this one at your tailgates and you're golden. While you're at it, throw it on your playlist too, because this song's head bopping rhythm and Shania Twain's infectious vocals will start to hook you on country.

P.S. Did we all forget when Post Malone danced carefree to this song at a major music award show and it went viral? If Shania is good enough for Posty, she's definitely good enough for you.