The 10 Best Things About Springfield, Missouri

The home of Big Whiskey's and where you'll never go a mile without seeing a Chinese drive-thru.

170
Amanda Brown Law

Ah, Springfield, Missouri. Or should I say SpringVegas? The home of Big Whiskey's and where you'll never go a mile without seeing a Chinese drive-thru. My stomach and I are so lucky to call this place home for the next 3+ years. Here are the top 10 best things about SpringVegas.

1. Chinese, duh.

I am not over exaggerating when I tell you all that there is literally a Chinese restaurant just about every mile. And you better order cashew chicken, it's a Springfield thing.

2. Big Whiskey's.

And not for the whiskey, but for some of the best food I've ever had. My hometown opened up one this month and I don't think I've ever been this excited in my entire life.

3. You can get lost in Battlefield Mall.

But that's ok because you just may stumble upon a store you haven't been to yet! Who doesn't love a giant shopping mall?

4. Springfield Lake is right in town.

Plus, it's also only a 20 minute drive to Fellow's Lake and a 45 minute drive to Table Rock Lake.

5. Downtown Springfield.

Where you can find my home this upcoming school year, one of the two Big Whiskey's in town, BYOpizza, Hurts Donut Co., Trops, 5 Pound Apparel, Vintage, and Boogie. What more could you need?

6. Qdoba.

Chipotle is great and all, but have you been to doba? GUAC ISN'T EXTRA. And I can get a kids meal for like $4.00.

7. Springfield is most definitely a college town.

Not only the home of Missouri State, but of Drury, OTC, and Evangel. If you live in Springfield and don't go to school, wyd?

8. Craving nature? Nathanael Greene Park is your go-to.

It has a walking trail, botanical gardens, playground, and picnic facilities. (Great place to walk your dog.)

9. Pineapple Whip.

It's like froyo, but 100x better. Just look for the truck with the hula girl on top.

10. Kum&Go.

Being from KC, I love QuikTrip, but Kum&Go is a close second. The first thing you see when you drive into town is a Kum&Go across the street from another Kum&Go. What could be more Springfield than that?