The Ten Things You Miss While On Break

The Ten Things You Miss While On Break

Sweet sweet OKC

5
The Ten Things You Miss While On Break

The Ten Things You Miss While On Break

I gotta admit, breaks are nice. You get to see your family and friends and not the mention the free food! You don’t have to worry about homework and you can basically relax, right? Well most of the time. As much as you love those days spent with your family and reminiscing over old memories, there are always things that you miss from being at college. So. Counting down.

10. The Caf- You’d be lying if you didn’t miss those wonderful sandwiches made by Miss June, or the out of this world brunch by Willie. Also, just being able to have variety every day is always naps.

9. Taking Naps- Sure, you can take naps over break, but they are briefly interrupted by siblings and your work schedule.

8. Being Active- I’m not someone who remembers to be active. ESPECIALLY on breaks. But when you have to walk everywhere on campus, take two dance classes and there is gym right across from you, its not hard to stay active and feel great.

7. Wearing Whatever You Want- No more pretending you have your life together back home because at school, if you feel like wearing your sweatpants to class, you sure as hell can!

6. Not Having To Work Around Others Schedule- At school its all you all the time. You don’t need to worry about who's gonna borrow the car at this time and who is gonna take billy to baseball.

5. Jumping Out of Your Comfort Zone- If there's one thing I can say about college it that its all about taking risks. Whether inside or outside of the classroom there will always be opportunities to hop outside of the box.

4. Being Independent- WOOT WOOT! Just saying that you are independent feels great and actually being independent is awesome too! (Once you figure out how to actually budget your money)

3. Having Routine- This one is YUUUUGEE for me. Having a schedule you can always rely on day to day really does make a difference and its nice to get back into that after a month of having little to no control.

2. Always Having Something To Do- You have tons of friends and even if they are too busy to hang out in your dorm you can go to the dorm lobbies, Alvins, the quad, really anywhere, and strike up a conversation with anyone! There is rarely a dull moment at OCU, which brings us too…

1. Going on spontaneous adventures: Whether you are feeling fast food and hit up taco bell or you maybe have a sweet tooth for Hurts Donuts, or maybe you just drive around downtown and explore the wonders of Oklahoma (well maybe just the city:P).