The Sweet Country We Live in
Politics

The Sweet Country We Live in

Take back your patriotism #USA

17
The Sweet Country We Live in
HandResearch

Being a devoted history buff, I love a good biography or history film. Recently, a lot of my time has been invested in the Kennedy asassination. Before I move forward, yes, Ronald Reagan is still the best. However, JFK was a hunk-obviously. Anyways, this time in history really has fascinated me. The 60's were IT. What a political age for America. I only wish I could have been there to see it.

Being so interested in politics, it pains me to see the disinterest people have in it today. No one seems to care. This brings me back to the Kennedy asassination. I asked my mom, "How did people react?" She said, "The whole word stopped. During that time, no matter what party you were, you loved your president." That really resonated with me. Wow. There really is something about a good sense of community. You cannot beat it. That, my friends, is what we lack today.

As we near the coming election, really educate yourself. Hang an American flag. Do you REALIZE how lucky we are to live in the GREATEST nation of all time?! America is the best. We have no idea how blessed we are to be here. We are a land of grace, dignity, pride, and we are as strong as they come. We're like the red starburst. It really doesn't get much better. With that being said, it needs you.

If you aren't registered to vote, do so. We, as a country, need to come together and bring back the patriotism that our country was founded upon. It took a lot of fighting and brave actions to get us where we are today-which is free. As I conclude, I will leave you with this:

"And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you — ask what you can do for your country."
-John F. Kennedy's Inaugural Address, January 20, 1961