The Stages Of Coming Home For The Weekend

It's a lot of emotions packed into a few days.

93

1. Packing

If only it went this quickly.

2. Getting ready to leave

We're leaving at three. But you still need to pack and now I'm watching The Office. Let's leave at 3:30.

3. Walking to your car

Okay, so it's four o'clock. The walk to your car is at least fifteen minutes assuming you've snagged a good spot in the lot as big as the Sahara desert.

4. Who's sitting where?

The passenger is the navigator. Who is ready for that responsibility?

5. The drive

It's a lot of singing, mostly One Direction if you're honest.

6. Getting lost

If you've made the wrong choice on navigator or your GPS hasn't updated since the 90s, you probably get lost and extend this stage about an hour longer than you should.

7. The arrival

Your brother has grown, your sister is prettier, and your parents are better than ever.

8. The small talk

How is school going? Have you made lots of new friends? Any boys in the picture? You've talked on the phone but it's not quite the same.

9. The weekend

There is only one note for the weekend, because it flies by so fast that it feels like you've barely gotten home before it's time to go back to school.

10. Gearing down

Sunday morning breakfast and more catch up conversations before it's time to hit the road again.

11. The trip home

Your mom will get offended when you call school "home", but she knows what you mean. The drive back is always a little easier.

12. Rushing through work

You told yourself that you would get it done at home, but that hardly ever happens.

13. Homesickness strikes

It's always harder to settle back into school after you spend the weekend with your family.

14. Settling back in

You miss your family, but you get back in the swing of things and it's as great (and stressful) as always.