The Stages Of Getting A UNCW Parking Ticket

*Insert curse word here.*

170
uncw.edu

Imagine this: you accidentally wake up late, and conveniently, it's pouring outside. On top of that, your bus is way late. You already have two absences in your 9 a.m and can't afford another one. You make a split second decision to take your car into campus and park in a spot where you think you'll be fine for a 50-minute class. Your class even gets out early and when you come back to your car, you see that shiny piece of paper glaring at you.

Or maybe it's an entirely different scenario. Maybe you got a package notification and think you can get away with parking and running in really quick. You thought wrong. Less than four minutes have passed, and your wallet is already burning with paying off that ticket. Maybe you were just trying to be a good student and go to library to work on a group project, but apparently UNCW frowns upon studious behavior and reinforces it by giving out parking tickets. Whatever scenario resulted in you receiving a ticket given by the parking demons, chances are you've gone through these stages:

1. Denial

No, no, no. This can't be. Maybe they have the wrong car? They absolutely made a mistake. I was just minding my own business, trying to be a good student, there is no way they can give me this parking ticket. There must be another explanation.

2. Anger

You have got to be f****** kidding me. The parking at this school is absolutely ridiculous. These people are going to pay for giving me this ticket. I will march down to that parking office and not leave until I get this ticket expunged. I'll write a letter to the dean, the chancellor, the president. Anyone who will listen.

3. Betrayal

This school has betrayed me. It enticed me with its awesome academics and beautiful campus and good academics only to stab me in the heart with that parking ticket. I do not feel the same way about you, UNCW.

4. Bargaining

If only I had made a better decision and just walked instead of driven, I wouldn't have to pay this parking ticket. If only I hadn't been so stupid and just followed the stupid rules, I could have afforded to go out to dinner and to the beach bars this weekend. Maybe if I close my eyes and pray, I can go back in time to this morning before I got this parking ticket.

5. Depression

I am going to have to pay this parking ticket if I want to register for classes next week. There is no avoiding it, I have no choice. Ugh, this is literally the worst.