The Speed Force Vs. The Time Lord Part 3

The truth behind the mask! Who is Reverse, and why is he here?

39
youtube.com

Eddie Thawne loved the Speed Force.Not just the powers that it gave him, but he would always admit that those were awesome.He loved the feeling of power that the Speed Force gave him whenever he ran, that rush of energy that coursed through every single cell in his body.And he loved running through the Speed Force itself.To be able to feel the raw power that fueled him rushing over him was exhilarating.But he had learned from other speedsters before him that one could not just stay in the Speed Force forever, lest they lose themselves in it completely.

With a crack, his exit portal appeared, and he leapt out of it, landing in his “safe house”.At least that’s what he called it.Really, it was just a small abandoned colony that had some basic provisions.He’d found it on a world that had been attacked by the Daleks; the first world he had appeared on when he’d arrived in this universe.It was how he figured out what the Daleks were, why he was now on this crusade.

He pulled his mask off and let it hang off the back of his neck where it connected to the rest of his suit.With a sigh, he spun around in a flash of red lightning, and when he stopped, he was no longer wearing his suit, but a pair of jeans, sneakers, a shirt, and leather jacket, his “costume” now condensed into the golden ring he wore on his finger.All things considered, the day could have gone worse.Though Eddie didn't like how the Doctor had shown up when he did.

Sure, he supposed, it was inevitable for the Time Lord to take an interest in what he was doing.He had known almost since the beginning of the Doctor and what he was capable of.He also knew that the Doctor would never be able to stop him.Even if he did unlock the secret of the Speed Force, and that was a big if, it was even more unlikely that he would find a way to separate him from his speed, or find any other way to counter it.The Daleks, who were easily the most dangerous thing in this universe, were powerless before him, and they were actively trying to kill him.But the self-proclaimed pacifistic Time Lord would never do something so drastic.

No, it was far more likely that he would waste a large portion of his time attempting to divine the identity of the mysterious “Reverse”, but he wouldn’t get anywhere with it.By the time the Doctor even got close to figuring out where he was staying, he would be long gone, not just from the planet, but from that universe.

Sitting down in a chair, Eddie rolled his neck, which was a little sore from his tumble into the mud thanks to the Time Lord.He would actually admit that he was impressed with the Doctor’s ingenuity.Not many people would think fast enough to try and use the lightning in a storm to disable him, much less getting the timing down so perfectly when he was running at more than five hundred miles an hour, and the Doctor was flying around in a giant wooden box in the middle of a turbulent thunderstorm.

He cracked his neck once and hopped up to grab a protein bar from a cabinet.One thing he loved and sorta missed about his own time and universe was how they could pack so many calories into such a small bar.With limited food resources, they had to pack as much as they could into small bars.Just one was enough to feed a grown man for an entire day.Luckily, he only needed about four to get through his day.Five if he did a lot of running.And he always kept a large stash with him wherever he went.

As he bit into one of the dense bars, he walked over to the data terminal on the desk next to the bed and he looked over what information he had on the Doctor.“Let’s see… Time Lord… Planet Gallifrey, long since destroyed…”He polished off the bar and scrolled through the data on the screen.“So you’ve got your time machine, you’ve got your whole saving the universe thing going on… question is… how do I keep you from stopping me from finishing the job?”He stroked his chin for a moment, considering his next move.

“The way he tracked me like that, I wonder how he did it?”He looked at his hand and forced it to vibrate at high speeds, flecks of red lightning appearing around his fingers.“Did he do it by the lightning or something else?I didn’t think that my lightning actually emitted anything, so I’ve got even money saying he found a way to follow the disturbances in the air I make when I run.So… easiest way to keep that from happening again is to stop running, but that’s also the easiest way to get caught.”His hand slowed back down to normal.

"So the question is if he'll be able to track me across different planets, or just the planets we're on at the same time."With a sigh, he stood and shed his jacket."Questions for later.Sleep now."Collapsing onto his small bed, Eddie didn't waste any time falling fast asleep.