To The Ex Somewhat Of A Friend

To The Ex Somewhat Of A Friend

“'We weren't close and you just needed someone until you could grow up, I was grown and didn't need you.”

67
To The Ex Somewhat Of A Friend
Shutterstock

First off, I'd like to say you were never my friend. I didn't want you as a friend, I didn't need you as a friend. You were my sisters friend not mine, then that changed in your mind. We were going to the same college and after you not being in contact with anyone for a year, it made you lonely. I on the other hand was completely fine, I didn't need you. After all, I kept in contact with my friends, and I had friends, good ones in fact. Unlike you who didn't, this was due to your own self faults, that you failed to see.

After you knew I was there, studying the sciences like I've always wanted, you clung onto me. It seemed as if everywhere I went, you were there waiting. You had to be with me all the time, you had to text me every class and lab I had. I couldn't focus on anything without you distracting me in the background. This doesn't make it easy for someone who is trying to do the best they can. When I would go home to finally relax, you would follow. You would come over unwelcome and by surprise. Then you would stay here until the late hours of the night for only you knew why. I felt suffocated. I should've told you to get the hell away from me then, but I'm not rude.

After this going on for some time you then started to make fun of my family, and you tried to take my boyfriend away from me. I'd also like to let you know he didn't want you. This was when I had enough of you, your childish ways. Your little games of following me, calling me at 2 in the morning, coming over by surprise. I had enough. I cut things off with you permanently. You continued to come around and question why. In my mind I would say stalker much? Creeping on me a lot? Do you have anything better to do? The answers to those questions were yes, yes, and no. I told you I didn't appreciate your unkind words and sexual advances towards my boyfriend, I told you I was done with you, that we were never friends.

To my surprise you haven't come back today. I'm relieved, your weight that you put on my shoulders had finally been lifted off and I couldn't be happier. When you occasionally cross my mind, it's only the bad stuff about you never anything good. I continue to tell myself to this day that we weren't close friends you were a stalker to me and you just needed someone until you could grow up, I was grown and didn't need you. You were still a child and needed me. Now we both know I never needed you and I will never need you.