The Shame Culture

The Shame Culture

The Sad Truth About Society's Unrealistic Standards

21
The Shame Culture

Society has gotten into such a rut that it is becoming harder and harder to break individuals bringing others down. Isn't the world supposed to be a happy peaceful place? A world where everyone gets along and everyone is able to live their dream in the best possible way they can and receive the best possible outcome. Well in today’s world that's not the case. If society could just go back and live in a time period such as the sixties and seventies maybe they could see the harm they’ve done to this earth and to its people. If individuals could see how our culture is deemed today and how it functions they would be in shock. How we are living is not right and we need to change. The harsh reality though is that today’s world and people in it don’t see this and can’t see this.

Since nobody is changing, many individuals are finding it harder and harder to become better versions of themselves. They are essentially hiding in their own skin because they are afraid of the damage that society will do to them, just because they don't fit the mold. Instead of bringing each other down we need to be focused on bringing ourselves up. In doing so there will be less pressure and expectations to live up to a stigmatized ideal. People will be much happier if they're happy with who they’ve become and how they are living their life. Each person has something unique and special about themselves that will cause and evoke such a change and maybe they haven't found that spark yet, but it will come and when it does someone will begin to enjoy a whole new life filled with meaning and satisfaction.

This is beauty: the beauty of the beholder and the beauty of the world. It’s time to bring this beauty back to life and show everyone what they’ve been missing. If society can see beauty for what it’s worth, there will be no normal and no pressure to fit an image seen in a magazine. By making an impact we’re taking a chance to be better, to be prouder, and to be unique. It’s time to rule out society and its petty standards because life is not about that. It’s about people and opportunities that are experiences of a life time. If one can find it in themselves to do this, a change will be made. If this requires shutting the world out because life has caused an individual to break down, then break down the walls of society and show them how strong one can be when they are against all odds. As cutthroat as this world is everyone has potential to be a face to remember and isn't it better to be remembered for something monumental rather than for a crime against humanity? I sure think so and I hope that the majority of society can agree.