The Sad Truth About Tragedies

The Sad Truth About Tragedies

We might not know. We might not ever know.

37
The Sad Truth About Tragedies
Leon Neal

After the recent event in Manchester this past Monday night, there has been a huge gathering of individuals to show support, empathy, and send condolences. This event was tragic and ended in a great amount of heartbreak. As sad as this event seems, it has turned into something great. I say this because so many people have shoved any kind of differences aside and come together to show compassion and affection. The sad truth about tragedies is that it brings not only people together, but Nations as well.

This can also be supported by the aftermath of the attacks on September 9, 2001. The event was a tragedy; causing many people to lose their lives and many families to lose their loved ones. After the attacks on September 9th, almost everyone in the nation of the United States came together to show support and their sympathy for those who were impacted by such an event. This also resulted in many other neighboring Nation’s to speak up and send their best wishes and show their respects to our Nation during a difficult time. This event brought together so many people and it was bliss within a storm of sadness and devastation.

The tragedies that happen in the world bring together people and offer people the sliver of hope everybody craves. The idea that it might be okay and it might become better. The slightest ounce of believing they will be okay. This is what people need during these times to keep going forward while enduring the overwhelming tide of emotions they are experiencing.

Why does it take a horrific event full of tragedies to bring people together? Why does it take situations that are so traumatizing to make people realize they need to be there for others? Why does it take events full of heartbreak and loss to make people feel and show empathy and compassion to complete strangers? We might not know, and we might not ever know. I pray that someday, people will always show empathy and love to those walking the same ground without the cost of lives. Until then, I hope that as results of tragic events, we continue to come together and show harmony and peace and empathy as a world.

Do not allow room in your heart for any kind of hatred.

—I send my deepest and dearest condolences out to everyone. To the families and friends of those who lost their lives that evening. To those who are still here today that attended the concert. To Manchester, for enduring such a heartbreaking tragedy. To Ariana Grande for performing that evening and witnessing the tragedy and trying to cope. To everyone.