The Sad Truth About DACA

The Sad Truth About DACA

Making America great again sure looks like quite the opposite...
360

As people of the United States, most of us have steady jobs that can pay for our college tuition. Some of us have self-made businesses or are CEOs of different companies. If our jobs get taken away, would we be exiled and taken away from our families or kicked out of school?

People who are "protected" under the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals, or DACA, will be affected in that way. People in the DACA program are immigrants who came to America as children. Maybe they came with their parents to start a new life in the States, but every situation is different.

I understand that they are "illegal" but so were the people of the States when they took this land and called it theirs. But they stayed without having to be in a DACA program or something like it.

These people grew up here, the United States is the only home they know. Many of them are my classmates, my friends and just people I know.

The whole, "they're stealing our jobs" thing is pretty played out. A lot of them are doing the jobs no one else would have the decency to do. When they leave, the jobs will go with them, the economy will plummet, then everybody will still blame Obama.

In all actuality, these individuals are rarely the ones wreaking havoc in this country. They pay their debt to society. They work, go to school, eat, breathe, and sleep just like the rest of us. And to say that they don't belong here is petty, selfish, and frankly, it's pretty un-American. Land of the free, home of the brave. They came here to be free; they're brave because they uprooted their lives to come to a new country, mostly knowing no one, to make a living for them and their families.

What will the country gain after this change has gone into effect? I don't see the pros but I see a whole bunch of cons.