The Rise In Obesity Is Something We All Need To Talk About

This is how obesity affects America.

30
VEMMA MANGOSTEEN REVOLUTION & YOUR HEALTH

Obesity can change a lot in your life for the worse. The things you used to be able to do and the things you enjoyed doing will become an ordeal. It has a huge impact on people all over the U.S., and all around the world as well. Obesity is a serious disease with symptoms that build slowly over an extended period of time, usually caused by not watching how or what you eat. Obesity can cause walking, climbing the stairs, and even doing chores a task for you. Obesity is unhealthy and “we” should start watching what is put into our bodies. It leads to danger of health and possibly death. Being a little bit overweight doesn’t necessarily mean that you’re obese, but what does obesity mean to our society?Obesity is a term used to describe body weight that is much greater than what is healthy. In North America, according to the National Institute of Health, more than 60 percent of adults are overweight, but only about 25 percent of those are considered obese.

Obesity causes breathing problems, bladder problems, and complications in mobility. There’s a lot of people getting obese, and I wonder why they let themselves get that bad. The majority of the time, obesity can be avoided with a proper diet. Although, sometimes the case can be unavoidable because of thyroid problems, stress, family heritage, and many other health conditions. Going on a good diet and coping with stress levels can decrease the possibility of obesity. There are other causes like the environment, genetics, hormone issues, or culture.

People fail to realize their quality of health, and how obesity is ruining it. Obesity in itself has taken over this world and society as a whole. The outlook from this world is not seen through size, but none-the-less, it should be seen through health. You cannot be born obese, it only becomes genetic if you let it do so. As a society, our population will be better looked upon, if this world didn’t eat its way through stress and depression. People tend to avoid the big issue and how it affects us. But how do we look at the big issue? Why are some people obese?

“Some people may ingest more carbon and nitrogen containing compounds from the food they eat than they need for energy causing them to gain weight.” “It could be appetite that the body uses to regulate weight, much more than a metabolism. Some people have an appetite that will keep them at a low weight. (They just don’t feel like eating much.) It can even be the stress in peoples lives and so on. Also, the comfort they have in eating, could increase the pounds put on without them realizing it. Your eating habits affect you more as you get older, but for obese kids, they don’t exercise as much because they are too busy being stuck on the technology invented today. How do you know if you are obese?

You can use a measurement called a body mass index, or BMI, to decide whether your weight is dangerous to your health. The BMI is a combination of your height and weight. If your BMI is 30 or higher, then that extra weight is putting your health in danger. People who carry too much fat around the middle, rather than around the hips, are more likely to have health problems. In women, a waist size of 35 inches or more raises the chance of being obese. In men, a waist size of 40 inches or more raises the chance of being obese. Obesity can bring about economic consequences for the U.S. healthcare system. The increasing of obesity is both direct and indirect costs. Healthcare costs will increase and death rates would become the bigger issue all over the world. Approximately 300.000 deaths each year in the United States are mostly attributed to being obese.

The obese factor is more relevant for those that find eating a way to escape. But if you do regular exercising, it could help prevent being overweight or obese. Also, besides weight control, you can prevent heart disease, high cholesterol, high blood pressure, diabetes, certain cancers, strokes, and arthritis. If we learned to take care of ourselves and pay closer attention to our health, we will become a healthier society. Eat smaller portions of food, eat more fruits, and stay away from those less healthy carbohydrates and fatty foods. Our society as a whole will become better in health and our healthcare system will decrease. Obesity is not a type of thing to play with or ignore; it’s dangerously unhealthy, and none-the-less has risen all around the world.

Sincerely,

Obesity