The Republican Party Bus Is Broken
Politics

The Republican Party Bus Is Broken

Trump is in full control of the GOP

12
The Republican Party Bus Is Broken

Dear Donald Trump supporters, please stay home on Election Day. All this talk about rigging the presidential election is downright despicable. Trump and his bandwagon riders weren't screaming bloody murder last month, but now that the writing is on the wall, and the reality of a Trump loss looks inevitable, they have convinced themselves that the system's fixed. Trump supporters need to face the facts; the Republican party bus is currently on track to run off a cliff, as Trump sits comfortably behind the wheel.

While Trump supporters have openly danced with the idea of a rigged election, many of the top Republican leaders have asked Trump and his minions to stop making that damaging claim, which brings us to the real issue: Republican voters and Republican Politicians are far from being on the same page. Perhaps the talk of a rigged election finally drove the Republican leaders to file for a divorce from their voters, but in reality, the two have been separated and sleeping in separate beds for quite some time.

Trump set a record by receiving over 13 million votes in the Republican primaries. That's more votes than Richard Nixon, Ronald Reagan, and the previous record holder, George W. Bush. There have been plenty of respectful Republican Presidents, and presidential candidates, in the history of our country; yet somehow, Republican voters have shown that Trump is better, or even on par with many of the historical men that have represented the GOP. Many of today's Republican leaders begged their voters to stay away from Trump, but they refused to listen, and in the meantime, the crack, in one of our countries main political party, widens.

Anyone that disagrees, or dares question the Trump campaign is subject to harsh attacks from his zombie-like followers, Republican leaders included. Trump supporters threatened Republican Senator Ted Cruz's well-being when he used the Republican National Convention to display his disapproval with Trump, and just last week, his followers in Wisconsin turned on their Republican golden boy, Senator Paul Ryan. Ryan—possibly the most powerful Republican— finally put on his big boy pants and became a man when he told Republicans that he was no longer supporting Trump. Well, Trump followers were not pleased with that, and they made sure Ryan understood that he would be pushed out of the inner circle if he doesn't get on board. At a Trump rally in Wisconsin last week, supporters yelled and chanted their disapproval for the Wisconsin Senator. If you need proof that Trump has taken full control of the Republican Party, here you go—Paul Ryan's favorability rating in Wisconsin has fallen 28 points since Trump turned on him.

Republicans may try and openly deny that their party is falling to pieces, but there's one simple fact that exposes the gap within the party—Republican leaders wanted anyone but Trump to represent their party, while Republican voters rejected anyone no named Trump. Republican leaders recognize that their party now belongs to an over-grown child that blame everyone but himself for his campaigns freefall. Trump blames his demise on the media, Republican leaders and anyone that criticizes him. He fails to take responsibility for his immoral and sexual assaulting behavior; but hey, this man is, exactly, what the Republican voters asked for—a spitting image of who they are and what they represent.