Now that we're back into the school year, we're quickly approaching midterms. As an English major, my midterms and finals tend to consist mainly of essays. I decided to write about the stages I go through as I write my papers. So, here are the real stages of writing an essay as told by an English major.
1. Trying to understand what exactly the professor wants when they give you the prompt.
2. Then you get hit with the writer's block.
3. So you procrastinate as much as you can for as long as you can.
4. Then you realize it's time to get to work.
6. And you reread the final draft.
7. So, you're finally ready to press "submit."
8. Now, all you can do now is wait with anticipation.
Popular Right Now
If you didn't know, I am really not sure how you wouldn't know, but it's fine, Post Malone's new album FINALLY came out! Posty has time and time again proven that he's a trailblazer in the music industry. His genre is a mix of everything, from rap to acoustic guitar, and he sounds like he's at home in both settings.
Here it is, a list of Post Malone lyrics you'll use or see as Instagram captions. I can already feel it, this summer is Posty's summer –– a summer for "beerbongs & bentleys."
1. "Spoil My Night" - "Won't you come spoil my night?"
2. "Spoil My Night" - "Feelings come into play and I'm thinkin' this happens every time"
3. "Spoil My Night" - "Yeah, when I walk up in a party, they all act like they know me"
4. "Zack and Codeine" - "Been livin' fast, no I can't take it slowly"
5. "Zack and Codeine" - "But it don't mean nothing without all my people"
6. "Zack and Codeine" - "Pour that drink 'cause we ain't sleepin' tonight"
7. "Takin Shots" - "Heard that there's a party, I might pay a visit"
8. "Takin Shots" - "Baby, just for the night, you my soulmate"
9. "Over Now" - "I'ma turn the tables, promise you will not forget it"
10. "Stay" - "Damn, who are we right now?"
11. "Blame It On Me" - "These hurricanes inside of my brain"
12. "Same Bitches" - "Bottles on deck, and my drink full"
13. "Same Bitches" - "Population four million, how I see the same bitches?"
14. "Jonestown" - "It happens every time"
15. "92 Explorer" - "She in the front seat head bangin'"
16. "Sugar Wraith" - "And then I went and changed my life"
17. "Sugar Wraith" - "I take the lead, they just follow"
18. "Rockstar" - "Sayin, 'I'm with the band'"
19. "Rockstar" - "Livin’ like a Rockstar, I’m livin’ like a Rockstar"
20. "Rockstar" - "Sweeter than a Pop-Tart”
21. "Psycho" - "Can’t really trust nobody with all this jewelry on you"
22. "Psycho" - "I got homies, let it go"
We all have been through negative and positive experiences, but they have shaped us for the better. Having survived them, our outlook of life might have changed. The underlying factor that allows us all to overcome difficult times is the force of faith. Faith is the complete trust in a higher power and the unknown future. Having faith allows you to gain these benefits:
1. Faith can provide inner strength.
With faith, you feel as though you are not alone.
2. Faith teaches you give back and serve the less fortunate.
Helping others in anyway will positively impact your life for the better.
3. Faith allows you to be selfless and put others first.
Treat others as you would like to be treated.
4. Faith can help you to discover your purpose in life.
Passion and daily action can lead to a purposeful life. If you don’t have passion or daily action, you are missing the drive to living a meaningful life.
5. Faith helps you overcome stress, anxiety, and fear.
It gives you a sense of tranquility while living in a dangerous world.
6. Faith can be the pathway to finding solutions.
With so many variables and unknowns, faith helps us have patience, understanding, and optimism- qualities that lead to productive solutions.
7. Faith gives you a sense of hope.
Sometimes we feel lost, but faith helps us stay anchored knowing that everything will be okay.
8. Faith is a source of peace and joy.
Eternal peace can be achieved by spreading happiness and love to those around you.
9. Faith will help you get through the trials of life.
Although challenges arise, there is nothing you can’t handle with the power of unwavering faith.
10. Faith can make you a better person.
Spirituality can help you understand and highlight your qualities through self-actualization. Personal reflection and meditation through prayer will help you see life in its entirety.
"Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase." - Martin Luther King, Jr.