The Real Life Of A "Kilt Girl"

The Real Life Of A "Kilt Girl"

My life as a Kilt Girl instilled pride, hard work, and life long friendships.

108
The Real Life Of A "Kilt Girl"
Alexandra Shine

There's Hooters girls, WingHouse girls and Twin Peaks girls but nothing compares to a "Kilt Girl". And here's why:

Kilt Girls show a sense of pride in themselves, the brand they work for, and the guests they serve. Sure some days are hard when you have been working night after night but Kilt Girls know how to put a smile on their face to ensure a smile on their guests faces. With every beer and wings served, a Kilt Girl does so with grace and poise. Kilt Girls go above and beyond to make sure that their guests are happy.

As Kilt Girl, we are sisters. We are there for each other through everything and anything, From breakups to babies, we have each other back. Kilt Girls go to every baby shower, every birthday, and every graduation party we possibly can. Along with this, Kilt Girls have an undeniable and unbreakable bond. We may fight and argue about shifts, an unclean closing, not doing side work or simply because we spend so much time together but when a Kilt Girl is in need we put our differences aside. As Kilt Girls we spend late nights, often more than 13 hours a night together. We know each other like the back of our hands which makes our bonds so strong in the Kilt and out of the Kilt.

The Kilt family goes way beyond the people we work directly beside of. When my grandfather passed away last year, a few of my regulars found out and gave me a beautiful card and a pocket stone for my loss. The Kilt family includes our managers, our regulars, and the cooks in the back. We know that we aren't going to be Kilt Girls forever, but in the meantime, we embrace our small family every chance we get.

Some may think it's a horrible place to work for, or a degrading job. And yes it can be sometimes. There are days where I don't want to be half naked, but I know that there's more to who I am than where I work. When I tell people I work as a Kilt Girl many people roll their eyes and judge me. Then when they ask why, I simply reply that I need to work to pay for college. With the money I made there working Friday, Saturday, and Sundays for a while, I paid off my whole first two years of schooling with no debt. I wasn't lucky enough to get financial aid, but I was lucky enough to have my Kilt family backing and supporting my dreams.

On that same note, Kilt Girls do a lot of charity events. We as Kilt Girls have been to golf outings for charity, or have charity events at the restaurant. A few years ago we had an event for breast cancer with the local fire department, the event was Pink Heals. When one of our cooks passed away, we had a bake sale to raise money for his family. We have big hearts as Kilt Girls that most people don't see, sadly, they only see our big boobs in our uniform.

Being a Kilt Girl can put a strain on relationships. It's hard working late hours through the weekend, going to school, or having another job. It's hard to have a girlfriend be half naked at work. But the great thing about being in a relationship with someone that is a Kilt Girl for the guys reading this is this: a Kilt Girl is loyal. We know how difficult it is to date us. But that's what makes Kilt Girls personal relationships stronger.

We know that we can't be Kilt Girls forever. We know that there's more to life than being a Kilt Girl. I have spent countless hours making lifetime memories with some of my closest friends. My life as a Kilt Girl instilled pride, hard work, and life long friendships. After all, a cold beer never looked so good!