To The Quote That Hit My Soul

As I was doing my daily routine of scrolling on social media while laying down at night, I came across something on my Pinterest board. I remember staring at the screen and feeling like a giant hole went through my entire heart as I read this one quote.

It read..."If you've ever laid in bed and cried so hard to the point where you had to cover your mouth so you didn't make any noise, I am so sorry."

Now, you may be confused about why I'm writing this. However, that's why I'm here.

When I read this quote, a whole bunch of memories from my past floated around my brain like a giant school of fish in the sea. I remember these nights.

I remember feeling lost. I remember feeling sad. I remember feeling weak. I remember feeling down. I remember feeling confused. I remember feeling frustrated. I remember it all.

Pain is something we can't control in life at times. Sometimes, we as human beings go through pain to make us come out even stronger. Our minds and bodies are changing every day of our lives, and it is our choice whether or not to take control of this pain.

I am writing this for those of you who have screamed and cried into your pillow despite whatever reasoning, I am sorry.

When you wake up each morning, go food shopping, stop to get a sandwich at a lunch place, or even just walk down the beach, you are facing people that you have no idea what they are going through on the inside. When you are out and about, you are focused on you, not those deep, internal feelings of others.

That is OK.

Many teens are so overwhelmed because they keep everything bottled up inside of them due to their parents being strict. Strict or not, rich or poor, nice or naughty, no one deserves this feeling.

Whether it's a significant other. Whether it's a bully, a family member, or best friend, do not allow this. You are better than this.

I am sorry.