The Purpose In Your Work

The Purpose In Your Work

Successfully Embracing and Walking in The Journey of your Calling.

54
The Purpose In Your Work
iphonephotographyschool
"And whatever you do, do it as to the Lord and not to men" - Colossians 3:23

Being a creative by heart, full of artistic talent and interests, one of the most difficult experiences I've ever been through was working in a corporate office. From wearing a suit and tie everyday to looking at a computer screen all day analyzing and tracking data (so fun), every single day of my five day work week was dreadful. My attitude was very much shown in the way I did my tasks and interacted with coworkers as I was almost at a point of breaking down emotionally. After months of me performing poorly on this job, I suddenly realized that regardless if I am a creative or not, I was specifically placed in that position for a reason. Thank God, being a Christian, I had but no choice then to seek God's word, full of promises with the mindset of Christ. It is the solution to everything, with the wisdom, understanding and the hope of life. It was when I came across such encouraging words and promises in a scripture that my whole perspective and mindset of this situation was transformed for the better.

"Commit your work to the Lord,and your plans will be established." - Proverbs 16:3

It is God's perfect will for his heirs to work, and as I've expressed my plans and desire to work utilizing my talent, he will establish that plan within his will, as long as I work with commitment and diligence.

This phase was part of the journey of my career and life that God provided, and I needed to embrace it and actually walk in it. I realized that God was humbling me in this process, reminding me that his grace fulfills all my need, and In whatever I do, I am the light of this world, chosen to spread his love wherever I am. Moreover, I began to understand that he was preparing me within my journey.

In corporate America and professional environments, there is always certain traits that are mandatory for an employee to possess, such as time management and effective communication. This is when I knew it was all for my good, because it was required of me to improve these skills for the sake of staying employed, and indeed the job that I strongly disliked, was actually part of Gods perfect plan, as it was used to prepare me for my career and life journey, honing the skills that I need not only for the career I'm pursuing but for my everyday life.

God is the author of our life and he establishes our destiny. Therefore, as Colossians 3:19 says, "We should forever work heartily, working for God and not unto man". In whatever you do, or whatever work that is being done by your hands, best believe you are serving God, rather than man. Give it all your best. Do it in all diligence and embrace your journey ahead of you, hoping in the Lord that will establish your plans by his will.

Grace and Peace.