The Problems of college

The Problems of college

Society and the struggles

9
The Problems of college
athletic scholarships.net

The idea of college is very different for many people. Some believe that it is a way to find out what you want to do but others feel that it is a way to teach you what you want to do.

There are problems with both of these ideas and the way the college system works. There are many problems with the attitudes about college and the way society portrays it.

Students attend college when they are 18 to 22ish. This is a time when a brain is changing drastically from a kid to an adult. Science actually says that women brains don't stop developing until 22 whereas mens don't stop until 24. So we are trying to figure out what we want to do when our brain isn't even done figuring out what it is good at. Basically we are studying for something our brain doesn't even know if it likes it.

Many students go into college with a major and then in about a year or so, many will change their major because they feel they went good at the original major wether it is because they said it or another person told them. Many will change and find another major. Sometimes this is a great choice and the students fall i love with what they are doing. Other times it works for a few weeks and then it changes again. Even a third choice is when students come out of college and realize they can't figure out where they want to work or even if they want to do what they studied for four years for.

Then we have the movies. They movies only show the partying aspect of college and even high school this gives a false picture of it. there are a lot of truths in this part but if kids party as much as the kids in the movies, their grades won't allow them to stay at school for very long, especially if mom and dad can't write a massive check to save your skin. There will also be some serious damage to your body if there is the continuous drinking and alcohol in your body.

There are many positives to college as this a chance to find your self because mom and dad aren't there to tell you what to do or what time to be home by but a lot of kids are given their first sense of freedom and will start to figure out what the world has to offer whether good or bad. Many will figure out who they are and the type of friends they want.

The biggest problem with college is the fact the students are expected to know exactly what they want to do and if they don't, they are behind in their studies. Some will argue that you can get some GEC's out of the way but they won't count unless you make sure your major will accept them.