Oh, The Places You'll Go

Oh, The Places You'll Go

My personal travel musts.

8
Oh, The Places You'll Go
quotefancy

The freedom of the open road, the endless stretch of new horizons, and the call to explore can be found in every one of us. As a lover of all things travel-related, there are so many places that I hope to see and discover. While this list is endless, there are certain, definite places that I seek to encounter.

1. Australia

Home to the outback, rough terrain, and endless arrays of grandeur, Australia is a paradise for anybody who finds themselves as one with nature. The tug to be in the rugged outdoors or spectacular beaches is sure to be satisfied. Personally, I’d love to visit Sydney, Adelaide, and some animal sanctuaries, as well as take trip down to Kangaroo Island, home to a mini paradise.

2. Paris

This is a popular one, and rightfully so. Paris is the city of love, but it’s also a city filled to the brim with art, cuisine, and culture. A visit to the Louvre or the Centre Pompidou, some necessary shopping, and a hike up the Eiffel Tower would be musts in this artfully composed city.

3. Tangier

Tangier, Morocco has a rich, interesting history. A home to many Americans fueled by postwar disillusionment in the mid-1900s, there has been a great output of art and literature, making it a perfect place to gather some needed inspiration or exposure to a new culture. Frequenting the many cafes, sitting on the beach, and drinking mint tea are musts if you find yourself here.

4. Tokyo

Beautiful landscapes surround this immense, bustling city. There’s a fine balance between modern infrastructure and historic culture. From shrines and temples, to a bright nightlife scene, Tokyo has great variety. Come in late March or early April to see the cherry blossoms in bloom while you eat mochi and sip on some matcha tea.

5. Big Sur

A majestic, breathtaking coastline in central California, Big Sur is a sight to behold and a lot to absorb. It’s a great getaway, and perhaps the epitome of getting a breath of fresh (ocean) air.

6. Vancouver

Vancouver is beautiful in its cityscape, and exquisite in its landscape. Located on the west coast of Canada, it offers much to explore and take in. If the mountains are calling and you must go, look no further.

7. Iceland

Volcanoes, glaciers, fjords, and hot springs are just a few of the things one can find in Iceland. Take a drive through the rustic, green, mountainous countryside, or gawk at some imposing waterfalls. There’s more than meets the eye on this northern, surprisingly temperate island.