To The Person Who Thinks Life Will Never Get Better

You are stronger than you think, so prove it to the world.

76469
ATB- Phillazard Ambient Remix

I wish I could tell you that things will get better tomorrow, and you will live happily ever after. I wish I had all the answers, and that I knew how to make life perfect and full of constant happiness. If I did, I would not be where I am now. But let me tell you this, things happen for a reason, and no matter how hard life gets, you only come out stronger. You would not be who you are if you had not endured loss, love, victory, failure, and sadness.. because the way you get through it makes you who you are.

"I have lost and loved and won and cried myself to the person I am today" - Charlotte Eriksson

This quote by Charlotte Eriksson jumped out at me as I was scrolling through Tumblr a few weeks ago, and I can't get it out of my head because it's so true. If you didn't have some sort of tragedy or sadness in your life at one point, or if you didn't love someone with your whole heart, or have been proud of something you've achieved, what are you living for? What would make you the person you are?

Life has its ups and downs, but that is part of the deal. We can't expect to have perfect lives when we ourselves are not perfect. It's true, life will have its falls and sometimes life is going to suck, and you're going to feel stuck, but always know that at some point things will get better. No one deserves to feel like the world is against them, although sometimes it may feel that way.

But you must appreciate the good moments in your life too, and remember them as motivation when you fall to your lowest point. Sometimes you will feel on top of the world, and you must notice those moments because we often take them for granted. All these ups and downs make you who you are, and you should be proud of that. Be proud of what you have endured, and be proud that you have gotten through it! It may take some time to understand that, but once you do, you will realize that you were put in certain situations for a reason because you had the courage and strength to overcome them and become a better person.

From your low points you gain strength, and from your high points, you learn happiness and humbleness. There is always something to gain from your situation, you just have to look at it from a different perspective. Be proud of the life you have lived and know it's okay not to be okay sometimes.. because things WILL get better, and YOU will come out stronger. Life is not meant to be a smooth ride, there will be bumps along the road, but it is nothing you can't handle. You are stronger than you think, with a simple change in perception, you can make any situation better, but never forget that your struggles made you who you are... be proud of that because you are still here fighting on and as long as you do, things will get better.