To The Girl Who Loves Me Next

To The Girl Who Loves Me Next

"I don’t half ass many things in life -- love included."

30
To The Girl Who Loves Me Next
thoughtcatalog.com

To the next girl who loves me, whoever you are and wherever you are: I look forward to meeting you. But you should know, I don’t half ass many things in life -- love included.

So when you love me, I'm the type who loves hard. So when you love me, I'm gonna love you deeply. So when you love me, I'm gonna love only you. Because unlike most, I know how to love the right way. And when I do I’ll change your life, if you're able to reciprocate. But before we get there, please know a few things.

It’s not gonna be easy.

I don’t know if I’m an easy person to love, because I value love in its entirety. I’m very guarded. I don’t trust too many people. I know it has nothing to do with you. It has more to do with the people in the past, people who have walked away. I know I shouldn’t judge you based on people in the past. But I’ve loved too easily and I’ve learned. I love people the right way. But, not many people know how to do that or know how to respond to people who love as deeply as I do. I love hard. Even the worst heartbreak won’t change that.

It’s going to be really hard; we’re gonna have to work at it.

I’m gonna test you. I’m gonna see if you are even worthy of the love I can give. You can test me too. To love the right way, requires loving equally. I’ve loved a lot of people who couldn’t reciprocate it. But pain is okay. Getting hurt means I’m taking the right chances, for something I want. But I’m willing to work for the relationship we both deserve. I know love can be the best thing we have in life. I’m willing to take chances. I’m willing to risk getting hurt, in hopes you can love me back.

But I want to do that.

I’ll give you the best of myself. I’ll love you the right way. Love is a bit of gambling and I’ll be the first to admit, I love playing the game. But I promise, I'll play the right game. I’ll never play you. I’ll never not take your feelings into consideration. I’ll never intentionally hurt you. Of the many things I’m good at, the best is how I love.

Because I want you. I want all of you.

I want you. I want us to make it. I want us to experience the relationships they write about. I’ve been there once. I know what it takes to get there. It takes having faith in one another. It’s a little bit of risk. It’s a bit of vulnerability. It’s a bit of letting your guard down and blindly trusting someone. It’s letting someone know about the past that hurt you.

I’ll tell you about the scars that have prevailed in my past. I’ll tell you about the wounds. I’ll tell you about the things that went wrong. And when I trust you enough to tell you those things, you’ll love me even more for having endured it.

When you trust me, I’ll teach you to dance with your own skeletons. I’ll teach you to love your past instead of resent it. I’ll accept you at your worst and show you how to love someone that way.

If you’re willing to take this chance, I promise it’ll be worth it. You’re in for one hell of a ride. I ask a few things, have patience with me. I’m very cautious. Trust me first, then I’ll come around and trust you. Love me and I promise I’ll love you deeper. Love me right and I’ll teach you to love better.

I’m not an easy person to love. But that’s because I know how to do it the right way. In a world that teaches us to love with only half of our heart, I don’t do that sort of thing. I’m the guy who will love you in ways you never knew possible. And when I do, that’s the standard you’ll compare everyone else too. Your life will never be the same.