The pandemic and anxiety

The pandemic and anxiety

The coronavirus pandemic is the most anxiety inducing thing that has happened to our generation, but there is a way to deal with it.

6
The pandemic and anxiety

With the current state of the world, it is hard to find a balance for anxiety. You can't ignore the news, but you also don't need to spend every minute of everyday watching the news. As a journalist, it is our job to follow up with the news. But even then, I sometimes have to take a break and use something else to distract myself from the anxiety.

The news is usually reporting on the disastrous things. It rarely happens that reporting on good and mellow things make the news. That's why everything about the coronavirus has been about the sad parts of it. However, if we only live by the sad parts we start to forget some of the good things that have come out of the pandemic.

This is what leads to anxiety. After a while, our brain starts to think that nothing is working and we tend to only fill our brain with the bad things happening in the world. The coronavirus is the most anxiety inducing thing I have ever had to deal with. As someone who is always dealing with anxiety, I find it hard to control it when I know the world around me is falling apart.

I usually deal with anxiety by going to visit my friends, but not being able to do that just added to my anxiety.

I have come up with a thought process that might help you deal with your anxiety while the coronavirus pandemic is going on.

I always turn to a hobby that I love. For me, that hobby is playing my guitar or ukulele. Turning to a hobby helps me because I know that it will be the one constant thing I have in my life. I control the music, I control the chords and the song. Finding something that you can have total control over can help you deal with your anxiety.

That is the one solution I have if you are feeling overwhelmed and anxious. Finding a little bit of balance in your life can help.