To The One You Left Behind

To The One You Left Behind

Losing someone who you adore dearly.

305
To The One You Left Behind

The pain of losing someone is unlike any other, whether you lost someone due to death, or if you lost someone who was very close to you because of certain decisions that were made. Losing someone doesn't compare to the pain of getting a paper cut, or getting a bad grade on that test that you were certain you were gonna ace because you studied so hard. Although both of those cause damage, it's unlike losing someone who you were once so very close to. You could tell that person any and every thing. They were your go-to. You confided in that person.

Remember that person who lifted you up into the clouds? Remember that person who would answer the phone at any time, even if it was not an emergency? Or what about that person who promised you that no matter what, they wouldn't leave? Now they're gone, slowly slipping away further and further. That person abandoned you. That person now sinks you more than lifting you up. They don't answer their phone whenever you call; they can barely answer a text. That person distanced themselves from you, and you can't help thinking that you're responsible for it.

Believe me when I say that friendships can be temporary. They can be the most temporary things in our lives. People often say, “Watch who you become friends with because they could end up being toxic." How are we supposed to make friends or know who will end up being toxic, if they hide their true colors? It's not as easy as it seems, especially when you get attached to someone so easily. You have to grow immune to the fact that people can be cruel. You never truly understand someone's pain unless you go through it.

The best thing you can do to cope, is to realize how good you could be without that person. You and that person have had a lot of memories and treasures, but they've also hurt you. Friends aren't supposed to hurt each other almost continuously, always remember that. You know your worth and you are more than enough. Never let anyone treat you less than what you are. You deserve the entire world sunshine. Don't let anyone take that right away from you. Until they can prove themselves and stick to their word, you can't have that negativity and toxicity in your life.

Losing that person hurt you but look at who you are now. Look at all the amazing things you're doing for not only yourself, but for others as well. It's not your fault and it never was.

Xoxo,

The One You Left Behind