The One Thing I Can Do is Pray

The One Thing I Can Do is Pray

Through all the turmoil, I can be praying.

114
The One Thing I Can Do is Pray
Himsan

So much turmoil, stress, and devastation is plaguing our world today. Whether we're just watching events unfold on the news, or actually deep in the trenches of those sad situations, it's easy to feel completely lost and hopeless. It's horrifying and sickening to see what pain is inflicted on innocent people. After things happen like they did in Las Vegas, I can't help but wonder what in the world I'm supposed to be doing to help. What am I supposed to do?

The only thing I can come up with is prayer.

I need to be praying for the people who have been hurt and shook to their cores by unimaginable events.

I need to be praying for the families who have lost people dear to them, for the families who are shocked and questioning why.

I need to be praying for the police officers who have seen so much and pushed so hard to help those in need.

I need to be praying for the doctors and nurses who are doing all they can to help the wounded.

I need to be praying for our leadership, that they will be given wisdom to know what needs to be done.

I need to be praying for our country and all of its inhabitants, that peace will sweep over and that clear thinking and help will reach all who need it.

I need to be praying that the world will rely on God through this, and that we will be able to see Him moving.

I need to be praying for myself: that I will be open to step in and give assistance where, when, and to whoever I need to.

I don't know when, but someday all will be put right. That's what we have to lean on always. All will be put right. Satan has never won, nor will he ever.