To the One Who I Thought Would Be "T​he One"

We've all been there. Thinking that we would be with that one person in the end.

55

This one was hard to write for me. I wasn't sure I wanted to write about it or even post it, but here it goes.

This one happened out of nowhere, and when it did, it happened fast and feelings were caught, at least for me. Before I could process what we were or what we had, he had gone back to school. And not just school, but on a semester abroad.

We kept in contact while he was away at school but not a ton. I wanted to blame the time difference, and then started to think it wouldn't work out. But any time we had a conversation with each other, it seemed like nothing had changed, and I had that happy feeling that people always talked about when talking to that someone special and having that dumb smile on my face and not even noticing it.

The connection was instant, nothing I've ever felt before with someone.

It was easy to talk to him, joke with him and tell him how it was when needed (haha). He was the person that I drunk called or texted. He could easily make me smile with the simplest of texts.

I was confident around him and never felt like I had to hide or be shy about anything.

Let me tell ya, he could sing. I remember the night that we were going downtown for some drinks. I was driving, and he started playing a song.

When he started singing, I was in shock and amazed. I'm not saying that I thought he would be a bad singer, but he surprised me and left me speechless.

I think I fell for him then.

He was the guy I could've seen myself with. The one I wanted to introduce to my family. The one that would go on vacations with. Do stupid, cute couple things with. Someone to do life with.

We never said goodbye to each other, which made me hold on longer than I should have. So this is my goodbye to close that chapter in my life. Now, I just wish the best for him and a happy life ahead.

Goodbye P.