'The Office' Has The Greatest Collection Of TV Christmas Episodes

No TV Show Ever Nailed The Christmas Special Quite Like 'The Office'

It's the best time of the year for holiday binging.

66
https://www.facebook.com/theofficenbc/photos/a.10154478399244748/10154478399559748/?type=3&theater

Many shows try and tackle Christmas specials this time of year but no show was ever as consistently great at it as "The Office." Just like how I watch "Elf" and "Die Hard" every year to celebrate the holiday, I also rip through every Christmas episode of "The Office.: If you are in a pinch and can only watch a few, here is the definitive ranking of all "The Office" Christmas episodes.

7. Christmas Wishes (Season 8)

Substituting Michael Scott for a predatory Robert California is an easy way to get last on my list. Sure, there are still enjoyable moments from this episode, but there is no justification for giving a high ranking to an episode from the post-Michael years.

Best Line: "Mistletoe is no excuse for sexual assault" - Andy

6. Dwight Christmas (Season 9)

An adventure into a Dwight Christmas definitely places this season 9 special ahead of the other post-Michael episode. This episode provides the usual hilarity associated with Schrute traditions as well as a sweet look at how Dwight and Jim actually care about each other. I don't, however, care too much about the Erin, Andy, and Plop relationship drama.

Best Line: "Mini-cupcakes? As in the mini version of regular cupcakes, which is already a mini version of cake? Honestly, where does it end with you people?" - Kevin

5. Classy Christmas (Season 7)

The worst of the Michael Christmas episodes is still a joy. From the welcome return of Holly to Jim's descent into madness at the hands of Dwight's snowballs, there is a lot to love. I laugh every time Daryl takes his daughter to see Michael as Santa, only to have him dressed as in a robe and a Santa hat. "It's a sophisticated take," says Michael.

Best Line: "Thank you Scranton Strangler, I love you. You just took one more person's breath away." - Michael

4. Moroccan Christmas (Season 5)

This episode does what that "The Office" does best, descending into darkness while maintaining humor. Toby buying the "princess unicorn" from Daryl would usually be a knockout punch of awkward humor but it is topped by Andy trying to perform "Deck the Halls" while everyone just learned his fiance is sleeping with Dwight.

Best Line: During Meredith's intervention: "Have you ever, under the influence of alcohol, questioned the teachings of the Mormon Church?" - Michael

"Where did you get this?" - Oscar

"I got it on a website. That's not important." - Michael

3. A Benihana Christmas (Season 3)

We are now in the pantheon of "Office" Christmas episodes. The dueling Christmas parties. The trip to Benihanas. Michael marking which waitress is his. Oscar returning to the show briefly as the party is out of control before saying "too soon" and walking away. This episode is truly iconic.

Best Line: "Bros before hos. Why? Because your bros are always there for you. They have got your back after your ho rips your heart out for no good reason. And you are nothing but great to your ho, and you told her that she was the only ho for you and that she was better than all the other hos in the world. And then... Then suddenly she's not your ho no mo'!" - Michael

2. Secret Santa (Season 6)

Every Christmas I look forward to watching the Santa showdown between Michael and Phyllis. Steve Carell toes a line with jokes that he probably couldn't make in 2018 but are incredible to watch. There's also nothing better than Dwight's idea of sending Osama Bin Laden individual parts to build his own prison.

Best Line: "David, guess who I'm sitting here dressed as." - Michael

"I'm not going to guess. You can either tell me or I'm going to hang up." - David

"I'll give you a hint. His last name is Christ. He has the power of flight. He can heal leopards... I am Jesus, David." - Michael

1. Christmas Party (Season 2)

Sometimes the original is the best. This episode is when the characters truly started developing into the people we love. Jim and Pam have more love seeds planed. Kevin is the loveable dummy who chooses his foot bath over the iPod. Michael buys Ryan the freaking iPod. The oven-mitt showdown is the show at it's cynical best.

Best Line: "[checking out at a liquor store] All right, now, you're the expert. Is this enough to get 20 people plastered?" - Michael

Clerk: "[Seriously considers] Fifteen bottles of vodka? Yeah, that should do it." - Clerk