Top 8 dumbest things Dwight Schrute has done

By: Matheus Oliveira

206

Dwight Schrute is character on the hit show "The Office" and after watching it on Netflix I have come to the conclusion that he is the most idiotic creature to ever breath. If I had to describe the character in a few words I'd say he is moronic man child that is a hazard to himself and others and should therefore be locked in a padded room and straight jacket for the rest of his miserable life. This is very evident throughout the shows tenure where Dwight has done increasingly stupid things and today, I am going over the top eight dumbest things Dwight has ever done.

#8 Health Care plan

In episode 3 season 1when Michael can't decide on a healthcare plan for the company he entrusts Dwight with the task. This was a huge mistake. Dwight picks the worst plan, caring more about saving the company money rather than helping the human lives he works with and had this happened in real life no company would stand for this.

#7 Always falls for Jim's pranks

Dwight's brain is the size of a peanut. This is most evident when he falls for Jim's pranks whether it is being duped into believing that Jim has telekinetic powers or when he believes that his computer is actively trying rage against him and prove that machines are superior to humans. He is easily the most gullible prank victim ever and its quite sad.

#6 Fire Walk

In episode 23 of season 3 entitled "Beach Games" Michael decides to host a series of beach games to determine his successor as he believes he is getting a corporate job at Dunder-Mifflin Headquarters. This turns out not to be the case but while he is hosting the beach games one of the challenges is walking across hot coals. Dwight, desperately wanting the job, steps on to the hot coals and refuses to get off until being given the job. He is so desperate to get the job that he ends up rolling around the hot coal and burning the rest of his body in the process. Piece of advice, no matter how desperately you want something, don't purposely hurt yourself to get it.

#5 He fought himself

In the 10th episode of season 6 it is revealed that Dwight holds a martial arts seminar once a year in the office. As Dwight asks for a volunteer to demonstrate some moves Jim manages to persuade him that he is the only person worthy enough to fight himself and therefore should perform the moves on himself. This works and Dwight idiotically fights himself finishing by punching himself in the groin.

#4 First Aid

After Stanley suffers a heart attack as a result of Dwight's idiocy (we'll get to that), Michael decides to bring in a CPR specialist to hold a seminar. This plan goes south quick and ends with Dwight psychotically taking out a huge knife and stabbing the CPR dummy in the chest, takes out its "organs"/stuffing and finally cutting off the face and wearing it as his own creeping out everyone else in the office. SOMEONE CAPTURE THIS LUNATIC.

#3 Drove with a concussion

In episode 12 of season 2, Michael accidently burns his feet with a George Foreman grill. Upon Hearing this news Dwight zooms out of the office to go to Michael's house to check on him. When he gets into his car, he ends up driving into a wooden pole, leaves the car and throws up clearly disorientated and concussed. Not only that but he then decides to go back in the car and drive while sustaining a concussion and leaving behind his bumper which fell off after the crash. This decision to continue to drive despite a concussion could be considered reckless endangerment.

#2 Shot a gun in the office

Dwight has the mental capacity of a 3-year-old and with that in mind the last thing he should ever have in his possession is a weapon of any sort. This point is made quite evident in episode 24 of season 7 when he accidently shoots a gun in the office. Thankfully no one got hurt but the last thing he should ever be near is a weapon. Dwight is then rightfully demoted and is soon replaced as regional manager.

#1 Fire Drill

Where do I even begin with this one? In The episodes "Stress Relief Part 1" and "Stress Relief part 2" in season 5, The office has to deal with Dwight's stupid and dangerous stunt and the aftermath of it. In part 1, Dwight gets annoyed that the rest of his co workers ignored his fire safety seminar and so the imbecile decides that he should teach them the hard way. He sabotages all the exits to the office and then lights a trash bin on fire. Not only is this a fireable offense but he also breaks many laws and would have racked up quite a bit of charges if the company decided to press charges against him. He could've been charged with Arson, Kidnapping, Inciting panic, Vandalism, Bodily harm/Assault, and Animal endangerment/Cruelty. First he began his idiotic shenanigans by sabotaging every exit in the office along with heating up every door knob with a blow torch effectively trapping all his coworkers against their will and therefore kidnapping them, he then proceeded to commit arson by lighting a trash bin on fire which could've have spread and endangered the lives of others, he then incites panic when everyone realizes they are trapped with no way to get out and sabotages the phone lines so his co-workers can't call for help. He also sets off a fire cracker. As for vandalism, this happens when the employees start to break things in hopes of being able to escape and anything they break as a result of Dwight's idiotic demonstration, makes him responsible for anything they break. He is also responsible for animal endangerment/cruelty when it is discovered that Angela keeps her cat in a drawer at work and its life is at risk. Lastly, he causes bodily harm/assault when Stanly has a heart attack and passes out as a result of this mess. The Office is set in Pennsylvania and so I checked online to see how much time he could have faced according to Pennsylvania law. For lighting the trash bin on fire which could have spread he could have been charged with first degree arson which is not only a felony but can also hold a sentence of 20 years in prison. In regards to trapping his co-workers with no way of escape, he can be charged with first degree kidnapping which is another felony charge and this could also carry a sentence of 20 years. As for inciting panic, he can be charged with yet another felony charge that can hold an up to a 2-year sentence. According to Pennsylvania law, the charge for vandalism depends on how much damage was caused and seeing that because of his actions it caused the destruction of ceiling tiles, two copying machines, a vending machine, burned sections of the carpets, and a few windows to be broken I'd say that he caused well over $5,000 worth of damage. This can carry a criminal mischief charge, up to 7 years in prison and a fine of $15,000. As for bodily harm/assault, this is considered a misdemeanor and carries a sentence of 5 years. Lastly, for animal endangerment/cruelty, this is a "summary offense" and it carries a sentence of 90 days in jail along with a $750 dollar fine. In total, Dwight is looking at 1 misdemeanor, 3 felonies, 1 count of criminal mischief and 1 count of summary offense. In total Dwight could have been sentenced to 54 years and 90 days in prison as well as fined $20,750. The craziest part was that he felt no remorse for his actions, was given a slap on the wrist and was planning to call in a bomb threat next. Thank God he is only a TV character and not a real person because if he was then God help us all.

Related Articles Around the Web