The Odyssey Online Is Coming To The University Of Pittsburgh

Editor-in-Chief note.

22

A magazine that spans a plethora of topics and enlists creative minds to speak about the news, advice they might have, and the most fascinating stories about the world? A venue of relatable stories and vast collective insights? It’s called the Odyssey Online and it is heading to the University of Pittsburgh this summer. What better place is there?

All Pitt students, regardless of any letters, political parties, or other organizations we represent, share something remarkable: our education at Pitt. I am speaking not only of our in-class learning, but, the knowledge we gain while interacting with the diverse, populous student body. I always feel so fortunate to be among the buzzing minds and intriguing people of Pitt. How refreshing is it to participate in a debate with people on opposite sides of a spectrum, all of whom defend their posts with red-faced passion? That is the unique education we experience in our philosophically-inclined University, within the halls and classrooms that sing the name of Hogwarts. I am overjoyed to guide the Odyssey into its place at Pitt, to work with other students as we try to write something important.

The point of writing is to give one’s soul a voice in our world, and every soul at Pitt has at least one story to be told. Our writing may not travel around the world, but we want it to make a difference and display the talents of our university. If our writing touches a handful of lives and motivates them to think outside their bubbles, then we have succeeded. I hope that as The Odyssey moves forward at Pitt, we will garner more writers and editors, even more voices yearning to be heard. You know, Pitt students are extraordinary, the Odyssey is a collage of voices and knowledge from across the nation, and the two combined, leave room only for greatness.