The Next Great Indie Rock Band Just Started High School
Music

The Next Great Indie Rock Band That Just Started High School

They call themselves "The Sweaters", and these kids rock.

653

While listening to The Sweaters' stylish discography, you wouldn't notice that the artists behind the music are merely fresh out of junior high.

This group of youngsters transcends the comforting and familiar sounds of Weezer, Car Seat Headrest and The Flaming Lips on their debut album, "Focus and Ask Again."

The student-made band includes brothers Henry and Ben Cohen playing alongside young bassist Anders Harms. Their goal? To explore different styles by genre-bending and having fun with their creations.

Local indie-rock band The Sweaters pushes boundaries with their genre-bending music YouTube

These Columbia, Missouri natives have been playing as a unit for about two years, and yet, they were able to produce a five-song indie album that you will crave to hear again and again.

According to the four-day long True/False Film Fest, "only one-third of The Sweaters is old enough to drive, and already they are becoming local favorites with their indie power-pop hooks that you couldn't part with if you tried".