What We Know About The New Disney College Program

It's off to work we go!

36
Instagram: @officialdisneyprograms

This week, Disney Programs announced that the Disney College Program will return to Walt Disney World Resort this June. For those of you who are unfamiliar with the Disney College Program, DCP, it is an internship program focused on providing on-the-job experience working for The Walt Disney Company by working at Walt Disney World Resort in Orlando or Disneyland Resort in Anaheim. This program is open to college students and recent graduates. The return of the Disney College Program comes after Walt Disney World announced the suspension of the program when they closed their parks in March 2020 due to the Coronavirus pandemic.

Now that Disney has announced the return of their beloved internship program, a lot of students are wondering what this means. While a lot of the details about the improved and Covid-friendly program have yet to be released. Here is what we know about the program this far.

1. A simplified application process

According to Disney Programs, this new application for the DCP is supposed to be simpler than it has in previous years. In the past, it has required an application, a web-based interview as well as a phone interview.

2. More arrival dates

Disney Programs also announced that their new program would feature year-long arrival dates. This is a nice change for the program, since the arrival dates were pretty limited to certain times within the fall and spring semesters.

3. New rules and regulations

Although they have yet to announce the full details of the program, they did mention some of the COVID-19 precautions that would be taken to protect students. Some of these included wearing masks in common areas, contactless move-in and allowing vaccinated individuals to live with other vaccinated individuals.

4. New housing

One of the more exciting announcements included details about new DCP housing. Now students will have the opportunity to live in the brand new, Flamingo Crossings Village complex.

5. More opportunities

One of the biggest goals with this new program is to provide more opportunities for students to learn and grow as individuals and within the company.