The Most Memorable Teacher I've Ever Had
Life Stages

Some teachers could be weird and quirky which makes them unique and hard to forget.

258

The start of 3rd grade excited me.

I felt older and bigger than the 1st and 2nd graders. I never actually did 2nd grade since I skipped it. I went straight from 1st grade to 3rd grade. I wasn't planning on telling anyone I skipped a grade because I knew that no one would understand or they would make fun of me for being younger. What I mostly looked forward to that school year was the spelling bee contest. I practiced all summer for this moment, and this was finally my time to shine, or at least what I thought back in 3rd grade.

The day we got to meet our teachers made me feel scared and anxious at the same time. Teachers always used to scare me because the ones I had were always so intimidating and strict. I was known for getting in trouble for the silliest things. In 1st grade, when the bell rang for lunch I screamed so loud that the teacher got really mad. This cost me a whole week of detention. Yes, detention in 1st grade. My first-grade teacher was so strict that she was willing to extend detention for another hour.

My parents liked the idea of a strict teacher because they always kept me "in control". But 3rd-grade year, I was expecting a sweet, kind, super nice teacher like the teacher I never had yet. That day I walked into my classroom, room 567, only to see an empty room. I looked around to see where my teacher was but she was nowhere to be found. I saw a snake in a glass case near the corner of the room.

That made me more nervous. I heard a voice in the hallway, so I stepped outside and I saw my teacher talking to another parent. I slowly made my way down the hallway and took a deep breathe. My teacher turned around with a fake smile on her face and she seemed to be glaring at me.

"Oh hello," She paused only to look at her attendance sheet. "You must be Addy!" At that moment I knew I would hate my teacher. "No I'm sorry Mrs Becky, it's Aditi," I said staring at the floor. She glanced at her attendance sheet again, this time writing something down. " No, I'm pretty sure it says Addy." I took a look at her attendance sheet and said " A-D-I-T-I spells Aditi not Addy." Even a 1st grader would know this. " Ok Ditty nice to meet you hon buns," she chuckled shaking my hand vigorously. I sighed to myself thinking how this was a great start to the school year.

The spelling bee contest got closer and closer till It was finally time to put all my hard work and effort to the test. The first part of the spelling bee was to do good in your grade and then in the school and finally in the city. Our teacher was in charge of deciding who gets selected out of our class to represent the whole grade. I was thrilled because I felt as if she just had to pick me. The next day, everyone had to take the spelling bee contest in our school to determine the few that get selected to go to the city. I felt as if I did great and I didn't mess up a single word.

Surprisingly, my teacher thought so too and she gave me a form that I needed to bring the next day confirming that I will be able to attend the city spelling bee. At the top of the form was my name spelled out as D-I-T-T-Y. I chuckled to myself, knowing that I would probably be called Ditty for the rest of the year. All I needed now was a signature from a parent so I could enter the spelling the spelling bee as "Ditty".

I went home really excited to share the great news with my parents. But when I went home my parents weren't happy, they were mad at me. Apparently, they got an email from Mrs. Becky stating that I did bad on a test I took a month ago. The email also stated how I was a slow learner and I didn't grasp concepts fast enough.

I was so mad at Mrs. Becky. Why would she even do this to me? I wanted to give my parents the good news and she just ruined it by giving my parents the bad news. And the worst part was that most of it wasn't even true. Furious, I ran up to my room and started crying. I didn't feel like sharing my news anymore, not with my parents super mad at me. I totally forgot about how I needed my parent's signature and I fell asleep tired from crying.

The next morning I woke up and my parents dropped me off at school not saying a word about the email. They could probably tell that I saw still mad and they would just make it worst.

"Sweetie we can talk about this," my mom said as I grumbled and got off the car. I wasn't mad at my parents, I was mad at my teacher and how she put me in a bad mood. I walked into my classroom and I accidentally bumped into my teacher on the way. She had a fake smile on her face like how she always does.

"Did you get your parent's signature so you can attend the city spelling bee?" Mrs Becky asked me as if nothing ever happened. I completely forgot about that signature I needed and I asked her if I could have an extra day to turn it in. "I'm afraid I can't do that sweetie, the deadline was today," she smiled and walked away leaving me confused of what I just heard. This officially makes Mrs. Becky the worst and most memorable teacher I've had till now. She's unbeatable.