The Most Important Projects That a Plumber Oakville Can Handle.

Every homeowner is probably familiar with the term "plumbing." Its meaning is quite relative, though.

12

Every homeowner is probably familiar with the term "plumbing." Its meaning is quite relative, though. For some people, it means connecting a faucet to a sink and for others, solving a significant water leak in their home or business. And for some more people, it means repairing a clogged drain or unclogging a toilet. The truth is that even if you have no idea what plumbing means, your home probably has at least one plumbing system—and the chances are that you don't know what you're missing!That being said, there is always an exception to every rule. And when we say except, we mean there are many of them! If you're tired of trying to understand why the pipes under your house need immediate attention or have never handled any plumbing projects before, keep reading! We have compiled this list of the most critical tasks a professional plumber Oakville can handle.

Install a new faucet and sink

A new faucet can drastically change the look and functionality of your sink. With a new faucet, you can reduce your water by installing a pop-up spout or a water-saving faucet. You can replace your old single-bowl sink with a new double sink with a new one. This will allow you to use one sink for dishes and another for rinsing. Another reason to install a new faucet and sink is to update your home's functional design. A new faucet and sink can improve your flow rate by reducing the friction of the pipes in your home, ultimately reducing your water consumption.

Repair a leaky shower or tub

If you've noticed that your shower or tub is constantly running or there are small leaks in the walls or ceiling, you may have a faulty shower or tub valve. A faulty or malfunctioning shower or tub valve can be the source of a lot of water damage, so you must fix any leaks as soon as possible. Shower valves are typically located below your sink, while tub valves are more commonly found in the walls of your bathroom. A ballcock controls both valves, allowing excess water to escape by slowly decreasing the air pressure inside the valve. If the valve is clogged or the seal has been damaged, the ballcock will gradually fill up with water, eventually causing damage to your home.

Install a water softener

People often dismiss the need to install a water softener as unnecessary or expensive. However, as your water's hardness increases over time (due to periods when your water source is high in minerals), you may find that your appliances are getting damaged or developing cracks in the walls and floors of your home. If you're experiencing any of these symptoms, installing a water softener is essential. Softening your water will help protect your appliances by preventing the buildup of scale or the expansion of cracks caused by expansion and contraction within the wall structure of your home.

Replacing the water heater

Most people don't realize that their water heater is likely to be the first thing to break in their home. It is therefore essential that it is replaced before it fails. Replacing your water heater before it breaks is an easy, low-cost way to make your home more comfortable. Water heaters are usually installed in the basement or crawlspace of a home, which means that it will take longer to take effect on your monthly heating costs than if you were to heat your water with a gas furnace in the living room.

Repiping an existing home

Another important plumbing project a plumber in Oakville can handle is repiping an existing home. Repiping means a new water line is installed from a house with an old, damaged water line to one with a new, unclogged one. Repiping can be costly and complicated, but it is worth it if your home has an old, damaged water line.Repiping can significantly reduce your water bill and extend the lifespan of your home's plumbing. Repiping can be done in several different ways. In some cases, the old water line is completely replaced, while the new water line is inserted under the existing line. Regardless of the method used, repiping is an important project that a plumber in Oakville should be able to handle.

Conclusion

In terms of importance, you can't beat the installation of a new faucet and sink! Not only will these fixtures make your home look much more polished and refined, but they will also make using the restroom more convenient. To make these and other improvements to your home even more cost-effective, you should consider hiring a licensed and bonded professional rather than doing them yourself. After all, knowledgeable and experienced Oakville plumbers have probably tackled each project on our list and so won't need to get out any specialty tools or hire additional help.