To My Mentor

To My Mentor

You are already doing a great job.

16
To My Mentor
Ashley Weaver

Dear Mentor,

It's funny how things worked out since I already knew you and now you're supposed to help me through my first year in college. I should probably know what exactly it is you're supposed to help me with, but we will talk about that later.

We were randomly paired together, or at least to my knowledge we were randomly paired. We were supposed to meet each other at this lunch for Donnelly Scholars, I was actually nervous about meeting you, but the funny thing about that is that I already know you. I met you in the summer through Odyssey (a great way to connect you to people through articles). We even shared a lot. When I found out it was you, all of my nervousness faded and happiness took it's place because I already knew it would be a good year with you being my mentor.

Throughout the summer we co-wrote an amazing article, if I do say so myself, and you also gave me lots of great advice and positive feedback with my articles. I have done the same with you. Your articles never stop amazing me. It's clear that you love it.

This open letter just isn't about how I already know you because the truth is there is always more to learn. I am happy that we got paired together though, since we did like co-writing together. See this letter is also to thank you for inspiring me to not only do well in school, but also to keep on writing. I can't wait to see what this year has in store for us. There is one thing I know for sure about this year and that is that we will talk about the things we have too but I'm hoping to have some more co-wrote articles and many more laughs. So here's to an already awesome start to my first year of college and thank you for everything so far.

Sincerely,

Your Mentee